PDA

View Full Version : When in June is a good time time to visit Disney?

special ed teacher
09-30-2012, 03:44 PM
When is the best time to go in june for crowds and usual deals?

buzznwoodysmom
09-30-2012, 05:23 PM
I would say the earlier in June you can go the better. Here in Louisiana our kids usually get out of school the last few days of May and we've taken a few trips those last few days of May going into the first week of June and have had a wonderful time.

The earlier in June you go the fewer number of schools might already be out for summer break. I also find the weather to get hotter the further you get into the month.

AllDisney
09-30-2012, 05:36 PM
We have noticed that up until the 12th of June the crowds are pretty manageable.:secret:

faline
09-30-2012, 05:58 PM
I agree - the earlier in the month, the better. It will still be hot and humid and the crowds can range from moderate to moderately crowded. I've found crowds at the beginning of the month to be surprisingly sparse to surprisingly heavy (no rhyme or reason) but crowds to increase throughout the month as the busy summer season gets under way.

Aurora
10-01-2012, 09:44 AM
We did trips in early June 2008 and 2011; the second trip was just a few days in the month later than the first and we noticed a HUGE difference in crowds. I agree with others that the earlier in the month you can go, the better. Our 2008 trip was great because the crowds were so low!

joonyer
10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
The first few days after Memorial Day can be a little more crowded, although manageable. I'd choose the next week after that.

bruin1344
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Probably earlier because New England school get out between Mid to late June depending on the snow

minnie-mouse
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
None, it is brutally hot in June, I hated it when we went in June. I will never go again that time of year, just awful!! Too hot to be outside in that heat.

Gator
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
There really isn't a great time in June to go. it will be very crowded regardless. It gets busier as the month goes on, but there are some invitational events the first week of June that could life in the parks tough.

tjstrike
10-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Star wars weekends the end of May, then memorial day weekend, then it rolls right into gay days week. After that all the schools start letting out and it gets hotter as the month progresses.

faline
10-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Star wars weekends the end of May, then memorial day weekend, then it rolls right into gay days week. After that all the schools start letting out and it gets hotter as the month progresses.

In my expeirence, Star Wars weekend crowding typically affects only Disney Studios and only during the actual festivities. Crowds in other parks tend to be manageable.

Memorial Day weekend does up the crowds - particularly as the local schools release for the summer. Still, I've found this time to be manageable.

Gay Days activities are spread between Disney World and other local venues such as Universal. If you track the planned calendar, you can avoid the park that has been designated for that day thus avoiding the worst of the crowding. We've been twice during Gay Days - once we found the crowds to be essentially non-existent. The following year, the crowds were much higher but still in the moderate range and still manageable.

AmandaChan
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
last year we went june 6-13 and it was busier than what we were used to (we usually go in mid may) but it was totally manageable. the only time it was CRAZY was star tours weekend and i think we accidentally went to MK on an EMH night

DisneyDawgette
10-02-2012, 10:43 AM
We went at the very end of June this year and all I have to say is DON'T.

Animal Kingdom was a NIGHTMARE and even with FastPasses, we waited for 45 minutes for Kali River Rapids. However, that evening they stayed open for 30 extra minutes because crowds were so bad and we got to ride EE four times. So that was nice!

Magic Kingdom was a mess, but it was mostly only Tomorrow Land that kicked in my claustrophobia. Lots of people wanting to do one of the like, 6 rides crammed into a little tiny space. Aside from HS, this was the worst laid out part of a park I can remember... it's so cramped and crowds make it unbearable.

If you have to go in June, make sure you have a great understanding of how the FastPass system works. That's the only way we really rode anything! Good luck!

Tink#64
10-03-2012, 12:14 AM

Been there done that - All of it! After experiencing the Memorial Day crowds, I vow never to schedule for that time again! But after 2 June trips, and returning in June 2013, I will be aiming for early June, after the MD holiday but as early in June as possible! The crowd seems to build by the day, as does the rain seems to come down more by the day! And the BG tour groups come out in force! I'm hoping my DS's in High School have 0 snow days this year & get out of school that 1st week of June, as I'm planning for us to leave home the day after school is tentatively scheduled to let out June 5th! :thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Posted on this subject before....Most of our trips have been in mid to late June...and several have been over the 4th of July weekend...Never had a trip so bad that we wouldn't do it again...
Pros: Longer hours at all parks
Later sunsets
Fast Passes for Must Do's
Seasonal attractions open
Less frequent major ride rehabs
Teachers and students in family
Cons: Heat and humidity
Crowds

We have always found ways to deal with the crowds...Learned long ago to avoid congestions...like along parade route (rarely do parades)...have favorite spots for Wishes...Concur on congestion in Tomorrowland, but usually able to deal with it...
It has been our experience that Park Hoppers are great for correcting wrong park choices. And we usually do multiple evenings at MK...So we do our "Must Do's" at the other parks, take a Heat and Humidity break, and spend most evenings on old favorites, like POTC, HM, Splash, and even the People Mover. We avoid Main Street by using the train, or going through the Emporium...with a little shopping on the way.
And we are currently planning another June trip in 2013...

While we usually go with several of the DK's and families, with up to 16 on one trip, we rarely tour as a group...but we usually schedule joint events. So we can all do what we prefer, while still having planned and unplanned magic moments together.