PDA

View Full Version : New to Pins

julyjewel
09-29-2012, 11:57 PM
We just came home this week from 9 days in Disney. I thought I would get my kids interested in the pins. Now, they are addicted. My kids are 10 & 12 and they want ;pin books and such. Where can I buy pinbooks? Would it be easier if I called the 800 # for Disney shopping and got them that way?:mickey:

Capt_redshirt
09-30-2012, 01:14 AM
You can get them from ebay or amazon but im sure if you called disney they would get you what you want as well...

Urbss
09-30-2012, 06:17 PM
I made my own for my son a couple years ago (he'll be 8 when we go in November).

I got two 3-ring style binders that had a zipper that closed 3 sides of the binder so that it was completely sealed. (I think they are made by Mead) - I found these at a garage sale. The other nice feature of these binders is that they had a zipper pocket in the inside cover to keep duplicate pins and extra Mickey Pin Backs.

I went to AC Moore and bought 8 1/2 by 11 sheets of felt in different colors, used a 3 hole punch and placed them in the binder. I then put pins on every other page of felt so there was still a page of felt between each page of pins to protect them.

With the two binders, one is strictly for "Keepers" and the other is for pins we might be willing to trade.

I had bought a pin book from Disney Movie Club, but it didn't have a zipped closing (so if a pin comes loose - Goodbye Pin!!) and I thought the pages were too think and hard (I actually had one stem break from trying to push it through the page and the stems didn't seem to go threw far enough to attach the rubber backing.)

Good Luck!!!