PDA

View Full Version : Wyndham Bonnet Creek

VeggieFruitFruit
09-29-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm planning our first big family trip to WDW with our son. My girlfriend's parents have a time share at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek and are kindly allowing us to stay there with them. I see on their website that they offer transportation to the Disney theme parks, I usually stay at a Disney resorts and was wondering that since this resort is more or less on Disney property do they use the Disney buses for transportation? Does it offer frequent pick ups and drop offs? Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

DizneyRox
09-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Nope, it's not a Disney Resort, they have they're own buses and own schedule. Drop offs are not at the DIsney bus stops.

Disney would rather Bonnet Creek not exist...

WDW-fanatic
09-30-2012, 11:30 AM
my in-laws stay there all the time and love it. The only issue they had was with the last bus of the night picking them up at the parks one night. The line waiting for their bus back to the resort was very long. The bus arrived and only about half of the line was able to get on the bus. The driver told the remaining people in line they would be back to get them. When they got back to the resort, the driver was about to go back to get the rest of the guests at the park but the driver was not allowed to do so (some manager at the hotel would not allow it). Luckily my in-laws got on that last bus but they were shocked that the resort would not go back to pick up their remaining guests. My in-laws knew some of the others that were not so lucky and talked to them the next day. They ended up calling a cab to get home.
Now my in-laws make sure they are at the bus stop so that they will have a few bus pick ups left at the end of the night. that way they do not have to take a cab back. Now I don't know that this is the norm, it may have just been an off night but once was enough for them and they were not even the ones stranded!

VeggieFruitFruit
09-30-2012, 01:27 PM
That was exactly what i was afraid of. It sounds like I will end up paying for parking, missing a bus is something I would rather not do as I have a habit of staying late in the parks. Plus it will probably be easier with the kids in tow, if we need to go back to the resort for naps.

figgie
09-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh my goodness, what an awful thing to happen at the end of a long day. Surely doesn't sound like the right thing to do on the part of Bonnet Creek. I would hope that isn't the norm, especially since the bus driver told all those people he would be back for them. So sorry that happened and I would certainly be warry in the future also.

Just a Figment
09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
My family stayed there a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. The transportation to the parks is not too bad with some planning. They do not run all day, so I recommend checking their schedules closely and using Disney transportation to get to a pickup site that is scheduled for your desired time. We did use a taxi twice just to save time. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

VeggieFruitFruit
09-30-2012, 11:30 PM
It sounds more and more like it will just be a safer bet to pay for parking and use the Disney transportation if we want to go to another park.

pianobabe
10-03-2012, 12:15 AM
DH and I stayed two nights at Bonnet Creek about 3 weeks ago before our WDW reservation started. They gave us a list of times for bus pick ups and it had them going and coming all day long (there were more on the list than I thought there would be).
On a side note, I have always stayed on property and I was hesitant to stay at a non-Disney resort. I really enjoyed the time we were at Bonnet Creek and would gladly stay there again. The grounds and the 1-bedroom room we had was great. The pool area was wonderful as well.

mudpuppysmom
10-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Anyone have a suggestion on which building to stay in? We are staying there this year and I'd like to see if there is a better building than another.

princessgirls
10-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Pay for parking!!!!

The bus at the Bonnet Creek runs every hour, and makes a full four park loop. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!

On a positive note, it's a beautiful resort, in a great location.

Julie:mickey: