PDA

View Full Version : Is Polynesian DVC definite?

Joannelet
09-29-2012, 09:14 PM
While we were there the last 2 weeks we kept hearing that Polynesian will be the next DVC addition and that it is a definite deal. Has this been confirmed or is it a rumor? I don't remember reading this or hearing about this although I know Poly will be getting a refurb but that was all I had heard.
Just wondering if I missed this info.

TinkerbellT421
09-29-2012, 09:17 PM
You didn't miss anything. Remains to be a rumor for now.

January-2007
09-29-2012, 09:46 PM
We know it will happen eventually even if it isn't official. That's where DH and I will buy into DVC.

DizneyRox
09-30-2012, 05:53 AM
Because of the nature of time shares, I believe there's a point where it can be announced.

Since every other deluxe has DVC associated with it, and it in effect costs Disney nothing to operate, I think you can be pretty sure that it will get DVC at some point. Next? Well, there is a pesky rumor that pops up putting something where River Country was. Since a lot of the infrastructure is there (like electricity, sewers, etc) there's something to that location as well.

It's coming to WDW at some point, that you can bank on. They still need to finish selling AKL and then GF. Not sure if they want anything competing with HI either, but it does take a while to build something.

DizneyFreak2002
09-30-2012, 11:26 AM
I think you will start seeing some sort of DVC prep soon... With construction by the end of 2013, early 2014... Probably 2014...

Polynesian Dweller
09-30-2012, 01:46 PM
I think you will start seeing some sort of DVC prep soon... With construction by the end of 2013, early 2014... Probably 2014...

Perhaps, but there has been talk for a few weeks that the DVC idea will not proceed. It's hard to find a place to put it apparently because of the limited land. Building a large enough DVC to make it worthwhile while putting minimum impact on the current hotel's occupancy size is a problem.

Aurora
10-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Of all possible DVC sites, I would think a Poly DVC would be easiest to sell. I could also see it as a way to sell GF DVC as companion MK resorts on the monorail line.

Lindsey310
10-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Wow this is interesting. And I just had a blast from the past when you mentioned river country! I remember hurting my shoulder there when I was 8 years old on the rope swing lol. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
10-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Of all possible DVC sites, I would think a Poly DVC would be easiest to sell. I could also see it as a way to sell GF DVC as companion MK resorts on the monorail line.

Yep, it would be a natural from a sales perspective and I agree with you. The problem is space. There is very little at the Poly compared to other spots. GF had a huge green area that just needed some expansion and a large spot was available near CR that minimally affected CR's occupancy. If the can fit in a large enough impact without significantly affecting one of their most popular resorts they'd do it, but it is a problem.

DizneyFreak2002
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Perhaps, but there has been talk for a few weeks that the DVC idea will not proceed. It's hard to find a place to put it apparently because of the limited land. Building a large enough DVC to make it worthwhile while putting minimum impact on the current hotel's occupancy size is a problem.

Yep, it would be a natural from a sales perspective and I agree with you. The problem is space. There is very little at the Poly compared to other spots. GF had a huge green area that just needed some expansion and a large spot was available near CR that minimally affected CR's occupancy. If the can fit in a large enough impact without significantly affecting one of their most popular resorts they'd do it, but it is a problem.

Space could be a reason they did balloon height testing.... A new tower type of building constructed for Poly DVC units... Wouldn't shock me in the least...

MyDisneyworld
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I would love a DVC resort at the Poly and will be buying into there if it happens. Please please please put one there.

VWL Mom
10-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Space could be a reason they did balloon height testing.... A new tower type of building constructed for Poly DVC units... Wouldn't shock me in the least...

It wouldn't shock me either but IMO would really look out of place in the Poly setting.

DizneyFreak2002
10-02-2012, 02:53 PM
It wouldn't shock me either but IMO would really look out of place in the Poly setting.

I agree with you... It would look really out of place... The only way it would work is if they demolished the current Poly... I don't know if I see them doing this though...

Gator
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
If this rumor is true, I might finally buy into DVC. I would love the Hawaiian feel everytime I go to WDW. And maybe it would get my wife off my back about going to the real Hawaii all the time. But I doubt it.

DisneyGiant
10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree with you... It would look really out of place... The only way it would work is if they demolished the current Poly... I don't know if I see them doing this though...

The Poly seems so small in relation to the GF & CR .....

I don't see how they'd fit a separate DVC there.

Now what would make some sense (to me at least) is - converting the Poly entirely to all DVC .... Not sure what would happen to Ohana, Kona Cafe or the Luau - as they would be big perks - the other all DVC properties (SSR & OKW) don't have.....

Interesting thoughts everyone......

SBETigg
10-02-2012, 05:46 PM
I've seen speculation that the Luau Cove area would be where the DVC building would take place, that Luau Cove would be going and Aoteroa would become DVC. Also, that the GCH would be extended and the current structure rebuilt. But then, you see all kinds of speculation out there. There's no confirmation of any Poly DVC at this time, just lots of speculation.

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2012, 09:33 PM
I've seen speculation that the Luau Cove area would be where the DVC building would take place, that Luau Cove would be going and Aoteroa would become DVC. Also, that the GCH would be extended and the current structure rebuilt. But then, you see all kinds of speculation out there. There's no confirmation of any Poly DVC at this time, just lots of speculation.

That is the strongest speculation I've heard but with Aotearoa being torn down and replaced with part of the DVC. As you say, all just speculation but for the first time starting to hear the noise about no DVC and refurb of GCH being put off a number of years. No way to tell for sure until an announcement. I'll dig around when I'm there in a couple of weeks.