PDA

View Full Version : DL first timer

cfoshe
09-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Due to a business trip in Nov, DW and I get to spend 2 days a DL, first time ever. I would put DW and I as WDW experts, but know nothing about DL.
Do they do fireworks over the castle? everynight?

Disney4us2
09-29-2012, 05:14 PM
November, with the exception of Thanksgiving week is considered off season. The fireworks are usually done on Friday, Saturday and Sundays as is with Fantasmic. I am not sure about Thanksgiving week it's self if the fireworks will be all week long.

We will be going down tomorrow and the fireworks and Fantasmic will only be on Sunday for us. WOC will be shown every night.

cfoshe
09-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks. We go down Nov. 14-15.

Gator
10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
One of my big beefs with DL vs WDW is that DL doesn't do fireworks everynight, with the exception of holidays and the summer. I always go during the off season, so I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth at DL. But at least WOC is nightly. That's a good plus.

NewDVCowner
10-29-2012, 12:30 PM
One thing that we had an issue with at DL one time was with our bank. Apparently every card transaction at Disneyland is just coded as "Disneyland" not by the different restaurants and stores. Our bank puts a fraud alert on cards if they are used more than three times a day at the same place. My sister had her card frozen one weekend we were down there because of this. It would be a good idea to call your bank and let them know.

BrerGnat
10-29-2012, 02:22 PM
One of my big beefs with DL vs WDW is that DL doesn't do fireworks everynight, with the exception of holidays and the summer.

You'd be singing a different tune if you lived in the vicinity of DL. When we lived 12 miles away, we could still hear the fireworks from Disneyland. Not in a subtle way, either. The sound in that part of CA tends to travel VERY far due to the low humidity.

It's easy enough to see fireworks. Just go in the summer or plan a weekend into your trip.