PDA

View Full Version : Reservation Questions

A/whole/new/world
09-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Do you have to have reservations to eat at a table service restaurant? Is it possible to walk up and be seated?

DizneyRox
09-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Depends on which one. Many actually do turn guests away without reservations. The less popular ones don't.

It's always advisable to make reservations if you want to eat anywhere in particular. If you don't then you can take your chances. Finding a place may take a while walking around from place to place.

Tygger7
09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
It also depends on the time of year. If you're there during peak time, such as Thanksgivng, Christmas, spring break, etc., you are much less likely to be able to get a walk up seating.

faline
09-29-2012, 03:12 PM
It is possible to be seated as a walk-up depending on the time of year, time of day, and the restaurant. If you have your heart set on any particulary eateries, I would strongly suggest making advanced dining reservations particularly if you're going during a busy season.

If you're flexible about dining establishment and the time you will be eating, it is quite possible to make same day reservations at a number of restaurants. We basically did not make any advanced dining reservations on our last trip. We relied on making same day reservations or walk-ups for just about every meal - the one exception being that we made reservations for Le Cellier after our arrival but 2 days before we dined there.

Gator
09-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Depends on if the parks are busy and if Disney has offered free DDP. If they have, most of these places are booked up pretty good. You may be able to walk up and wait, but it may be for a long time.

texas211
09-30-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd say generally no, but could get lucky. This last trip we walked up to Boatrights at POR a couple of times, without having to wait more than 5 minutes (party of 2). We've walked up at Liberty Tree over the years, and generally only had to wait 20-30 minutes. But like Trex or SciFi, or something. Forget about it.

The whole hassle of disney dining is one of my least fav things about going to WDW.