PDA

View Full Version : Poly Rehab??

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Trying to book our room for when we bring DD to college program in January. Can't seem to find a room club level at the Poly at all in January. I thought the rehab was postponed...anyone know??

Strmchsr
09-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Most recent word (and filings with the county) indicate the refurb is back on for 2013 and will be extensive.

Polynesian Dweller
09-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Most recent word (and filings with the county) indicate the refurb is back on for 2013 and will be extensive.

The Hawaii Building is supposed to be refurbed in January, maybe into early Feb. there will be no CL at that time.

Aurora
10-01-2012, 09:31 AM
We stayed at Club Level in 2003 during rehabs and they had CL in another building. I wonder why they're not doing it that way again.

Polynesian Dweller
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
We stayed at Club Level in 2003 during rehabs and they had CL in another building. I wonder why they're not doing it that way again.

I did as well and it was in the Tahiti Building. at the time there were comments that people were paying for CL but not getting the full CL experience such as the two story CL lounge, proper servery (they just converted 2 rooms, not exclusive building (only used 3rd floor), too far from pools and main beach etc.

Nothing confirmed as to why but there is one chatter that there were enough complaints that they decided to forgo CL for a short 4-6 week period. The 2003 refurb was much longer because there was more extensive work being done, including apparently removing asbestos so they had to have an alternative. This one is just furnishings and maybe adding a second sink.

Aurora
10-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I did as well and it was in the Tahiti Building. at the time there were comments that people were paying for CL but not getting the full CL experience such as the two story CL lounge, proper servery (they just converted 2 rooms, not exclusive building (only used 3rd floor), too far from pools and main beach etc.

Nothing confirmed as to why but there is one chatter that there were enough complaints that they decided to forgo CL for a short 4-6 week period. The 2003 refurb was much longer because there was more extensive work being done, including apparently removing asbestos so they had to have an alternative. This one is just furnishings and maybe adding a second sink.

That makes sense. We didn't care at the time because we got a phenomenal room discount and it was the first time we had CL; we just liked all the treats. :D