PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's Magical Adventure 2012 Part 14 (Last full day)

Zawadi
09-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Friday Sep 28
Our last full day in WDW. All ready got the post vacation blues!

We got up, out and walked to Studios in time for the morning EMH. Like most people it was straight to TSMM for a FP, 09:25, and entered the stand by line, 20 mins but without any FP returns at the moment. We shared a cinnamon roll before going to ToT. The line was long since only one drop shaft was in operation, so we obtained a 10:20 FP. Our time in Studios was then occupied with a Great Movie Ride (boring gangster scene) but the shadows above Patrick J Ryan's bar were working again. We then used our TSMM and ToT FPs. (Glad that we had gone for express checkout at the Hollywood Tower Hotel)

We then caught a Friendship boat to Epcot and went around World Showcase, which we renamed Food Showcase, to use up our snack DDP credits. We started off in France with coq au vin and Creme brûlée. A merguez sausage from Morocco (the iPad wanted to call it a morgues sausage). We then heard a last call for the American Adventure so went in to cool down as the temperature was 90F. We then walked to Germany to share a CS lunch, then took the boat across to Future World so see what the Soarin' FP status was. We did stop off in the Cool Zone where I got my fix of 7, yes SEVEN!, Beverlys before getting a 18:25 Soarin' FP then Mission Space ORANGE. You might be thinking that I would suffer with having the Beverlys - no chance.

We returned to the hotel via the old Wonders of Life building. The facilities in this building show that it has been mothballed.

Back at the Yacht Club we changed to go to Stormalong Bay. The sky was darkening and we managed one lap of the lazy creek before a storm started.

The storm cleared. We managed to return to Epcot, once we had completed our online check-in for the flight home. In Epcot we shared a CS in Morocco before going to Soarin'. The FP machines were showing 10:05 to 11:00. We had not realised that Epcot had an extra hour. We got a FP then cash our 18:25 ones in. We then shared another CS (Tai Cashew Chicken) from Sunshine Seasons before heading back to the hotel to start packing and watch the CSI-NY season premier. We stopped off at the Canada kiosk for 22oz Moosehead beer, and we were drinking on route to be stopped at the International Gateway as we were not allowed to take alcoholic drinks out of the park. So, it had to be drunk quickly and without justice.

We could not miss the final hours in Epcot. *We headed back to Soarin', via a France through Mexico and the Cool Zone, for my final fix of another 6 Berverlys. There was no line as IllumiNations had just started at 22:00. We were directed to Concourse 2, Gate C, which was being attended by Melanie. We exited and returned to the same loading area. This time Melanie, proceeded to do a perfect lip-sync of Patrick complete with appropriate flight attendant actions it was hilarious and more people watched and understood than have done watching Patrick. We rode, exited an re-entered the line to be directed to Melanie's area again. This time we were recognised and explained that it was our last night. Once again we rode, exited and re-entered. At the point where the FP line merges, Amanda (the CM at that point)asked us which concourse would we like. We replied 2 just to torment Melanie again. As we got the the loading area we were directed into Gate B. Melanie saw us and said "They can't go there! They're mine!" As there were no guest for Gate C, Melanie took over Gate B. There were only 12 guests on this the final flight of the night as it had now gone closing time.

Once again we headed back to the Yacht Club through an eerie, empty Epcot watching the Friendship boats being brought in for the night.

Back in the room, we sorted out some of the packing then DW went out like a light and I typed up part 13.

Tomorrow: Pack, use up remaining DDP credits and get to MCO before 15:00.

faline
09-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Wow! You really got some rides on Soarin' on this day! Sorry your trip is ending!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the report

January-2007
09-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for reporting!

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: