PDA

View Full Version : Sea then land?

Going2HeavenRU
09-29-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if Disney offers a "sea and land" package which is similar to the "land and sea" package?

We are looking to take a 3 or 4 day cruise then do 7 days at Disney but I am not sure if that is possible. Also, can you stay at a value hotel or do you have to stay in a moderate?

BrerGnat
09-29-2012, 01:28 PM
As far as I know, Disney no longer books the "land and sea" packages at all. You have to book the separately. You CAN add on transfers between any Disney resort and the port, though. When you go to add cruise transfers, you will be given the options:

-Airport to cruise terminal
-Disney resort to cruise terminal
-Cruise terminal to airport
-Cruise terminal to Disney resort.

You can also book DME for "resort to airport" at the end of your trip if necessary.

You would just have to book the resort stay separately. You can stay at any resort you want, get whatever tickets you want, get the DDP if you want, etc.

I would recommend contacting Magical Journeys if you want to do this. They can take care of all the leg work and make sure everything is properly linked together, plus they will find you the very best deal!

DizneyRox
09-29-2012, 02:51 PM
I think it makes for a better vacation to do the sea then land. As mentioned, you can do transfers and use ME to get back to the airport after your stay.

Longer is better in terms of cruises. 4 day would be my absolute minimum for a cruise. Takes that long to get used to the ship.

Going2HeavenRU
09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Thank you for the very helpful information.

Lindsey310
09-30-2012, 06:30 PM
We did 2 nights before the cruise and then two nights after. So I guess we did land then sea then land lol. We did have to book everything separately.
If I did it again I would do land then sea. Disney is a very tiring (but fabulous) vacation and it's so nice to relax on the boat after all that walking :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Definitely work with MJ to make it as easy as possible to book it either way. And they'll make sure you get the best deal too.

disneynarula
10-01-2012, 03:26 AM
I can't comment on land and sea but I can recommend Magical Journeys. All their agents are very knowlegeable about how to book packages.

Gator
10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I think it makes for a better vacation to do the sea then land. As mentioned, you can do transfers and use ME to get back to the airport after your stay.

I would think the opposite is true. Do a 4 days in the parks, and then relax on the cruise. Plus, if you do the cruise first, you might get that boat rocking feeling the rest of your vacation while at WDW. You really don't want that when you're about to hit Tower of Terror.

DizneyRox
10-01-2012, 09:46 PM
It's a tough transition from finding chocolates on your pillow every night, and not even have to worry about putting your napkin on your lap to the real world.

Having a few days of being 1/2 spoiled makes it easier to adjust to going back to work and dong the dishes.

ElenitaB
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I've done land then sea, and also land then sea than land. I definitely prefer land than sea. Cruising is such a relaxing vacation and the perfect "after party" for visiting the parks. I don't think I'd want to zen out on a cruise and then go to a much more active park visit (you know, when you say "I need a vacation from my vacation" ;) ).

BrerGnat
10-02-2012, 09:09 AM
The only problem with "land, then sea" is upon departure. You have to get off the ship EARLY (like at 8am).

If you are flying home that day, and you have an afternoon or early evening flight, you will have nothing to do, and your transfer will take you to the airport, where you will have to sit for HOURS.

And, your flight has to be after, like 1pm, so it makes it hard to book airfare.

Going2HeavenRU
10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
The only problem with "land, then sea" is upon departure. You have to get off the ship EARLY (like at 8am).

I would have to say that this is the main reason I wanted to do sea then land. I don't like the way the crew hurry you off the boat on the last day, which always stresses me out.

On my last day in the World, I can check my bags and take in a park for one last Disney fix before taking the ME.

DizneyRox
10-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Nobody handles debarkation really well. Disney however is better than most. Tips...

1. Start packing a couple days BEFORE debarkation day. Packing everything last day is too stressful.
2. Plan on breakfast IN THE DINING ROOM debarkation morning. Don't do the buffet, it's WAY too crowded and seating is too limited.
3. You can do express checkout, but won't have the luxury of porters to help. My rule of carry what you pack helps keep things light. I've seen people with 12 suitcases on a 4 day cruise and wonder why.

I've also been know to linger in the room, it's way too crazy out on the decks, hallways, etc. Grab some food the day before for a continental breakfast in the room, etc.