PDA

View Full Version : dining plan upgrade

Townie
09-29-2012, 09:37 AM
We booked for December during the free quick service dining. I am wondering if you can upgrde for regular disney dining?

Lindsey310
09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Yes we originally had the quick service dining plan (bc we stayed at pop) and we upgraded when we booked the package to the regular Disney dining plan. Super easy, I think it was around $110 more give or take. :eat:

Itchy
09-29-2012, 11:55 AM
You sure can. If you want to pay any difference they will be glad to take your money. I have even upgraded to the deluxe plan.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

E-OR
09-29-2012, 11:57 AM
We did this on our 9/1-6/12 stay. We got one quick service/one table service/one snack and a mug. It cost 10.00 per day/per person. Our next trip we are going to try the quick service only and just add a couple table services and pay OOP. Although we love eating at some really cool restaurants we felt really tied to the ADR's this last trip. We will be there 9 days and will probably do 3-4 table service meals.

Gator
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I highly recommend doing this unless you like eating chicken strips and hamburgers for every meal.

mini
10-05-2012, 12:57 AM
We just did this for our upcoming trip and it was $16.50 per person a day up charge.

disneynarula
10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I highly recommend doing this unless you like eating chicken strips and hamburgers for every meal.

I don't this this is an accurate statement. I am super picky about my food. Not so much about what I eat, but I really dislike food that is obviosly mass produced or food that sits under a hot light for hours waiting for a customer. I don't really like burgers or hot dogs, etc. While there a quite a few disney QS locations like that, they are easy to avoid.

I have never eaten chicken strips or a hamburger at a QS location. There are places in almost every park/waterpark where you can get nice QS meals. This is especially true at Epcot and Downtown Disney. At both these locations we have had superb meals that are as nice as some TS. Even at Hollywood Studios you can get nice sandwiches at Starring Rolls.

You can still have some really nice meals. There are a few websites with disney food blogs that can steer you in the right direction. Just google it.

The nice thing about going with QS is that you are not tied into a schedule. I am almost regretting our upgrade since now we are sort of stuck with a set plan of attack.

However, you can easily upgrade if you want to. We just upgraded to the Basic Dining Plan for our stay at Art of Animation. We thought it was a pretty decent deal. I think it was around $115 per person for our 7 night stay.

You do need to do it ahead of time I believe.

Auroring Good Time
10-08-2012, 12:48 PM
There are plenty of places to eat on the quick serve plan. I stayed for 8 nights and never touched a burger nor chicken strips.
There is an up charge. I'm not sure what it is but, it is calculated per person per night.

COVCHAI
10-08-2012, 03:08 PM
I wonder if you had the regular dining if you could up grade to delux dining and what it would cost.

disneynarula
10-10-2012, 06:29 AM
You can upgrade to the deluxe even if you have the QS plan.

I can not remember how much it was but we considered it so we could so some Signature dining. We figured it out and decided it was not worth it to have to deal with so many ADRs.