PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's Magical Adventure 2012 Part 13

Zawadi
09-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Thursday Sep 27
The original plan for today was to take on Kali Rapids, Splash Mtn then Blizzard Beach. Now, over sleeping didn't help so we scrapped the first two and drove to Blizzard Beach for its 10:00 opening. Parking was no problem, the first non-disabled row. Our first wet adventure was Cross Country Creek for a lap. Now the tunnel under Mt. Gushmore could be called "Tunnel of Love" or "Tunnel of Divorce" depending if you steer your other half underneath a waterfall, which I tried to do but DW caught on and spun us around so that I went under. All's fair in love and war ;) We then did Teamboat Springs, taking the ski lift, but had to wait for another party of two (min of 4 per raft). We then did another lap of the creek both being caught by every water feature, even ice gator's intermittent sneezing. We grabbed a CS lunch from Lotawatta Lodge before another lap of the creek followed by the Toboggan Racers the Snow Stormers. On the latter, I went down first and as I went through the first turn thought that DW isn't going to like this. I waited for her at the bottom and she came off looking very pale :sick: We did another two laps of the creek followed by a Teamboat Springs before calling it a day and returning to the hotel by 15:00.

I think that a got a bit of heat stroke because I lay down and the next thing I knew was that it was 17:00. On Tuesday, DW found that Le Cellier was available at 18:00 tonight. This meant a major replan of our ADRs. Out went both Via Napoli and Tokyo Dining to make the credits available for Le Cellier. That would then use up all of our TS credits so tomorrow will be CS and snacks from the Food & Wine Festival. Now, when we got in from Blizzard Beach, we left our swimming stuff and water shoes on the balcony. As we were walking to Le Cellier, the sky darkened very quickly. By the time that we were walking through the UK pavilion it was spitting and just after we got inside Le Cellier there was a full T'Storm. We were going to take our time with this meal! We had a 3 course meal, Cheddar Cheese Soup & Tomatoe Stack, both had Filet Mignon, desserts (white chocolate cheesecake & a new no sugar added apple dessert) and Moosehead beer. What a final TS meal! We got talking with a couple on the next table who had driven their RV down to WDW from Fairbanks Alaska nearly 5000 miles.

By the time that we left, the storm has passed so we "wobbled" over to MouseGear, to get some measuring cups. Why? We've bought Delicious Desserts and Chef Mickey Treasures from the Vault recipe books. Now since these use US cup measurements, buying measuring cups means that I don't have to keep translating into metric units.

After that it was a trip on Spaceship Earth, but the system had lost our From the Future Photograph :(

IllumiNations was about to start so we wandered over to The Land, which was staying open an extra hour due to the refurb of Test Track. Soarin' had next to no stand by line and we rode it 4 times including the final flight of the night. We exited The Land to walk through a deserted Epcot, back to the Yacht Club. We also noticed that all of the Friendship boats were being "put to bed" within the Worldshowcase Lagoon.

When we got back to the room we discovered that our water shoes were holding 1/2 inch of water from the earlier storm. So much for leaving the out to dry!

Tomorrow: Studios early EMH, Food And Wine Festival, Start Packing

Dopey's Girl
09-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Another great day! Gotta love scoring that last second ADR!

faline
09-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Great fun at the water park!! Dinner sounded really yummy!

Wouldn't have thought about the measuring cups - I know the glass measuring cups I have include both U.S and metric measures but I also have others that use only ounces and cups and do not reference metric. I remember when we were told that we needed to switch to metric measurements. There was even a deadline put on using other measurements but somehow that plan died a peaceful death.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the reports

January-2007
09-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Thank you for sharing your trip with us!

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: