PDA

View Full Version : Translation on RIdes

Zeike
09-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Hi! we are set to go to WDW december 17-23 a big family reunion. Some family members are from spain and I remember reading at one time there are some attractions that have translation via an equipment or headphones? does anyone knows about this?. Also what should we expect that week. Thanks for your input! We are staying at POR.:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
09-29-2012, 07:49 AM
I don't know a lot about the translation equipment as I haven't used it before, but I know there is some available. I don't know if it's for all rides or what. You would need to ask at Guest Services.

As for what to expect, it'll be crowded, especially as you go along, but use Fastpass and have a great time!

Lindsey310
09-29-2012, 09:42 AM
When we went with my in laws, the only ride that spoke Portuguese was spaceship earth. (they picked the language as soon as we sat down). Other than that, I'm not sure. Let us know what you find.....:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-29-2012, 10:44 AM
I believe if you go to guest relations in each park, you can rent personal translators. They were wireless headsets, and they had a number of languages, including Spanish. I want to say it you had to give them a $100 deposit but you got most, if not all of it back when you return them. The headset then translates the ride audio to the chosen language. Seems like this could be a good fit for your situation.

faline
09-29-2012, 05:21 PM
They're called "Ears to the World" translation devices and they are available in Spanish. I don't know how many are available or what the costs ae.

Zeike
09-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks to all...we will try them and report back.....

figgie
09-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Yes, please report back to us here at INTERCOT. Good information to share!