PDA

View Full Version : 5 in a family room with verandah

waymickey
09-28-2012, 02:27 PM
How does 5 fit in the ver. rooms. I see that some have the pull down, where does the 5th person sleep? I have 5 adults -two 19 year olds one 22 yr. old and us. We will be smooshed huh?:confused:

Lindsey310
09-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Yikes that might be really tight. Did you have to specify the ages of the people in the room? We had just DH and myself and it was just enough room. We had category 5A, deluxe family stateroom with verandah. My parents had category 4A (more space) and it was just the right amount of space for them! Are you sailing on the dream or the fantasy?

We loved the dream!!! :mickey:

BrerGnat
09-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Eh, the biggest issue I can see will be the beds. Honestly, they are basically cots. VERY narrow and short. My kids were okay in them (6 and 8 year old boys). The mattresses are about 3" thick, and full of springs.

If you have 5 in a room, there is a sofa that converts into a bed, then a bed that pulls down from the ceiling and then a "wall pull down" bed, which is the same size as the bed in the ceiling, but it sits inside the wall. You lose the armchair in the room with this configuation.

We were in that category on our Dream cruise and I cannot imagine having 5 adults in there. That is going to be REALLY tight. The room itself is spacious as far as cruise ships go, but it's still a tiny room. Can you book 2 cabins at a lower category? I would choose that. The verandah is nice, but IMO, not a necessity since it's very easy to get out on deck when you want to.

susie & perla's mom
09-28-2012, 05:40 PM
You will be better off with two rooms. I can't imagine myself sharing a room and bathroom with four other adults.

DizneyRox
09-28-2012, 07:45 PM
5 adults, that will be like sardines in a can. Three of us, one just a litte guy, and we were tripping over each other.

I'd look into two rooms, or a suite. I've noticed that 3&4 in a room aren't all that discounted compared to many years ago. You might not be saving all that much by shoehorning all those people in one room.

JMTStone
10-08-2012, 11:17 AM
With 3 Adults (our oldest daughter is 20) and 1 child (10), even with the multi-bathroom, one of us normally ends up showering at the Spa.