PDA

View Full Version : CBR / AKL Review

mom2morgan
09-28-2012, 12:39 PM
We just got back from our trip late last night. This was our first time staying at the above resorts - after staying at POR every other time (most recent was 4 years ago). We were actually kind of under-whelmed with Carribean - we like Port Orleans much better. I don't like how the check in desk is in a completely different building and a long way away from the food courts, store, and pool. We DID pay for a preferred location, and thank goodness for that! Standard view - but it looked out on a lush courtyard so quite nice. The pool is good - can't say it is better or worse that POR, although IF we had little kids the children's play area here is very nice. The food court was very poor - found the food dry, salty, and not enough variety. Housekeeping was fantastic, and everyone was very nice and helpful. Then we moved oer to AKL for the last 2 days because of our 20th Anniversary. OMG!!! First of all, we were upgraded to an Arusha Savannah view :cloud9: (but before you get sentimental, I can assure you it had NOTHING to do with our anniversary - entirely business reasons as others have noted. We booked a very specific room - pool view with bunk beds. I assume there aren't many of those - and ours wasn't ready when we arrived so they upgraded us. I'd like to know what is considered the "best" savannah view - because I think we had it :mickey: Third floor, not too far down - room 3932 - and we saw tons of animals all the time - the giraffes were frequently very close. I'm terribly afraid I'll never be able to go back to a moderate - EVERYTHING is just more, well, deluxe! Carpets are cushier, towels thick and fluffy, curtains that actally block the light, LOL - comfy bed (the girls loved the bunks), and the food court, although much smaller than a mod, had some really, really nice offerings. We were surprised to place our order and then get a beeper to let us know when it was fresh and ready. Pool is amazing...I just can't say enough about how much we loved this resort :-)

LandFan
09-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I agree - AKL is the bomb! It's like 2 vacations in one - A trip to Africa and a trip to Disney!

RedSoxFan
09-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Love AKL. Will be there again in November. DD loves the pool and this trip is all about her!!

Lindsey310
09-28-2012, 02:38 PM
AKL is DH and mine favorite resort!!!! I love everything about it, it seems to have to all!!! Couldn't ask for anything better!

In 2010, we went to AKL and we were celebrating our engagement, we stayed in a savannah view room. Absolutely fabulous. I will always have fond memories of that resort, continues to be our favorite in WDW :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Nice upgrade!

I'm not in love with AKL, but I know what you mean about the Deluxe resorts. It's very easy to love them!

Tigerinvestigator
09-28-2012, 03:03 PM
I agree completely with your review. CBR is our least favorite Moderate for the same reasons. AKL is a world class resort. It blows us away everytime we go. If AKL was on the monorail track or within walking distance of Epcot/DHS it would be the best resort at WDW IMHO. Glad you got an upgrade as well. We have stayed at AKL several times and always paid for a standard view but always been upgraded to a better view.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the review AKL sounds wonderful

Mickey'sGirl
09-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Nice upgrade!

I'm not in love with AKL, but I know what you mean about the Deluxe resorts. It's very easy to love them!
My thoughts exactly!

Thanks for your comments, M2M!