Joannelet
09-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Cast Members:
Me, Joanne
DH Jason
DS Caden age 3
DS Hudson 8 months old
Wednesday and Thursday Sept 26 and 27th, 2012

Made it for the Magic Kingdom opening ceremony finally! Hard getting out early with little ones.
Went right to Pooh. It was closed! Broke down upon opening so we got fast passes for it. Took boys on carousel. Hudson loved it. He was so happy on his horse! I took pics of both boys on it.
Went to It's a small world (again) took some pics of hidden Mickeys while on this ride and of Caden's favorite things as this would be his last ride through for this trip. :( He is especially fond of the winking hippo. Lol
Went on tea cups or the "cup of tea" ride like Caden says *Caden couldn't stop laughing on this ride. He loved spinning me around.*
Onto Pooh ride finally! Hudson was asleep for the whole ride!*
I specifically dressed Hudson in his Pooh outfit again today so that we could get a picture with Pooh dressed as Pooh. We were first on line. Thankfully I was on top of this as we were on line 20 minutes early and Pooh and Tigger came out 15 minutes earlier than 11am start time.*
Went to Dumbo they were filming a show on one side, so we could only go through fast pass line. Lots of camera equipment everywhere. It was a waste because we had gotten *surprise fast passes for Dumbo which we obviously didn't need. Just when we decided we *were going on it, I looked at Hudson who *fell asleep. Caden and Jay went on the goofy barnstormer instead.
I got some pics of them at the top.*
Bathroom break. Love the bathrooms in storybook circus area. Off to carousel of progress as Saturday it broke down while we were in it.*
Caden loved this show! He clapped every time we rotated *because of getting stuck 6 times on Saturday in the same room.*
Onto TTA and then lunch at Cosmic Rays.
Left caden and jay to go on buzz and then I went to order my dole whip float. Mmm yummy. Took Hudson to baby care center to change his diaper and he had some of my float which he loved!*
Earlier in the week I had found a Mickey doll dressed as Woody. I wanted to get it for one of my nephews. I swore I saw it in the Emporium. This was my last chance as I didn't find it anywhere else.
Jason and Caden met up with Hudson and I and we all searched for it. Finally 2 managers and another cast member found it for me. *They oogled over Hudson for a while.*
Went into The Confectionary to use our last snack credits on rice krispy treats. Then we sadly walked out of MK for the last time for this trip.*
Took monorail to TTC and then to Epcot to meet fellow Intercotee's Zawadi and BadKitty at Gary's column.*
I went ahead of Jay and the boys as I didn't want to be late. So I basically ran there. *I found them sitting at a table by good old Gary's Column. There were a lot of people sitting on Column this day.*
We all sat and chatted and it was great fun meeting people you talk to often but don't see. :) To Zawadi and Badkitty, *I loved meeting you and safe travels to you all! Now we can put faces to our posts. I am still excited we were all there at the same time! :)*
After meeting our Intercot friends, Jay wanted to stay around Epcot and he became infatuated with Canada's beer. We went into the gift shop at the entrance of World Showcase and Jay bought Mickey shoe slippers, then wanted to wear them around the park. Thankfully his better half (me!) talked him out of it. Lol
Went back and watched some Off Kilter and then went over to Mexico to go to La Cava Del Tequila. This place is awesome and I have to thank Intercot for talking about this place. I had the Cucumber margarita and it was delish. While we were there someone wanted to order nachos or something because they just had them there the day before and they were told they no longer are serving food there. They will only be serving chips and salsa.*
I walked around the market drinking my drink *while Jay and the boys went on The 3 Caballeros ride. (aka Donald's boat ride as per Caden).*
We then sauntered over through the front of the park, stopped in MouseGears and then headed for the monorail. Took Monorail to TTA to our car.*
Back at AKL I started packing and Jay went to Mara to use our last quick services *for dinner. I decided to call the merchandise number on my receipt to try and see if they can do anything about the Mickey rattle we bought for Hudson and got lost. They were so accommodating and will be sending one to our home.*
We sat at our kitchen table looking at the savannah while we ate. The animals were all within view. It is pretty cool watching giraffes and Ankole cattle while you are eating. Got the baby ready for bed after dinner and he was so tired fell right to sleep. I packed and Jay loaded up the car with everything I was finished with. We were in good shape for the morning in our travels home. :(*
Caden went to bed and then Jay and I put some more stuff together for the morning and then fell asleep too.

Day 12
Woke up, showered, dressed and finished packing. Jay put more stuff in the car. Before waking the boys we went out on the balcony to see what animals were around. 3 Ankole cattle were sleeping. In the distance we saw the sun coming up and to the right of that lightning in the far distance lighting up the sky. It was beautiful.*
Jay woke Caden up while I went to take some pics of the lobby which was empty at this time. Hudson woke himself up so I fed and dressed him. Jay finished putting the rest of our things in the car and to pull the car up.*
Caden, Hudson and I went outside on our balcony to say goodbye to the animals. The ankole cattle were still there, a giraffe now joined them and was also laying down. We saw 2 ostriches. This part was so funny. One of them was standing there, he completely fluffed out his wings and started spinning really fast around in a circle. Caden and I were hysterically laughing. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen an animal do. Even the giraffe was staring at him. Then he took off running after the other one with his wings out. We keep talking about it now on our drive and we keep laughing. I wish I had filmed it but the camera was already in the car. We will just have to picture it in our heads. I'm not sure I can get that funny image out of my head anyways. :)*
We are heading to North Carolina to stay over and then rest of the drive home is tomorrow to NJ.*
We had a great trip and of course already talking about our next visit.*
Goodbye Disney! Thanks for making new memories for us and we will see you REAL SOON!!!

Pirate Granny
09-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip...and now you'll have great memories and start planning your next trip!

Beach Club Babe
09-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us! I enjoyed reading your reports. They helped with my post trip blues lol!

wildernesslady
09-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks for sharing. Your boys sound adorable. We are deciding between AKL or BC for our next family visit. I think you sold me on AKL.

Dopey's Girl
09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks for your reports! They were fun to read!

faline
09-28-2012, 12:06 PM
It's been such a pleasure to follow you and your boys around during your trip - I'm really sorry to come to the end!! Guess it is time to start planning that next trip!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Sounds like a nice trip, despite the rain

Joannelet
09-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for sharing. Your boys sound adorable. We are deciding between AKL or BC for our next family visit. I think you sold me on AKL.

I have stayed at both BC and AKL. AKL is my top favorite, BC is 2nd for us.
If you do stay at AKL I recommend staying at Jambo house. It is just so centralized with access to the gift shop and restaurants (except Sanaa) Especially if you have kids....I just find it is better for families over all and the pool is great.you will love it. My son says when he is there that this resort is his Disney World. He loves that hotel more than anything! We do too. It is just amazing waking up and going to sleep watching giraffes, zebras etc. That opportunity alone is just unforgettable.

January-2007
09-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks so much for reporting!

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation! :smickey:

yjgirl32
10-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Loved reading your reports. I hope to stay at AKL someday.

Joannelet
10-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Hudson's new Mickey rattle that he lost arrived this week! Love that they replaced it for us! He was so happy when he saw it!
Now to print all the pictures from my camera! I have only done 200 and there are over 1,000!

Zawadi
10-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Hudson's new Mickey rattle that he lost arrived this week! Love that they replaced it for us! He was so happy when he saw it!

If you don't ask you don't get. Glad that you got a replacement.

Now to print all the pictures from my camera! I have only done 200 and there are over 1,000!
Digital cameras are great but can be a pain. Imagine the cost of 1000 pics using film :)

faline
10-07-2012, 04:25 PM

How nice!! :mickey:

Joannelet
10-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Digital cameras are great but can be a pain. Imagine the cost of 1000 pics using film :)

Thankfully for my anniversary yesterday my hubby bought me a great picture printer as my other one had recently broken. :) hopefully I will find the time to sift through the rest of them and pick out the best ones to print. It is a lot of work! But I love my camera so I shouldn't complain!
Sometimes if I see a good deal on some of the picture sites online I just upload some pics and do it that way to save time. It helps and shortens my workload a bit.
Heading to the store now to buy my albums to put them into.