PDA

View Full Version : Taxi from POR to Universal

sainter
09-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Anyone know how much it would be to take a cab to (and from) POR to Universals Islands of Adventures?

We have a car rental reserved but that means getting up very early to get the car, and then up early again to return it.

Itchy
09-27-2012, 10:58 PM
I could be wrong, but it could be about $40 each way. I think that there are other modes of travel other that rental between Universal and WDW which include MEARS. You should do a search for taxi's in Orlando. I think that Yellow have taxi's at WDW resorts.

My daughter got a special with tickets that included transportation from the resort to Universal round trip.

She said the down side was that you had to wait for their scheduled ride.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

disneylovinmom
09-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I reserved a town car. It was just a bit cheaper than a taxi and probaly a lot nicer.

Pirate Granny
09-27-2012, 11:25 PM
We paid $40 each way, but that included the tip...we didn't take Mears back 'cause we needed to give them an exact pick up time, which I didn't like...so we took Mears from Pop so we would arrive by 8:15, and be in line at 8:30 so that we could be in line got walk quickly to Hogwarts! Then when we were ready to go we caught a cab...they are right outside the walkway..no worries.

sainter
09-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks for all the quick replies! You guys are the best! :thumbsup:

quicksilver
09-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Anyone know how much it would be to take a cab to (and from) POR to Universals Islands of Adventures?

We have a car rental reserved but that means getting up very early to get the car, and then up early again to return it.

Hello there,

We are sponsors here at Intercot and also offer transfers between WDW and Universal. With our towncar this round trip is $75.00.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

sainter
09-29-2012, 02:01 AM
Oh thank you for that info! Any chance a grocery stop could be scheduled with that?

quicksilver
09-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Oh thank you for that info! Any chance a grocery stop could be scheduled with that?

A stop can be added for $30.00 extra (30 minutes stop); the free stop we offer is for airport round trips only.

mom2morgan
09-30-2012, 02:11 PM
I've done transportation every which way - taxi, shuttle, town car....and for a family of four they all come in at almost exactly the same price. After all, they have to stay competitive! I guess for fewer than 4 people a shuttle would make sense since it is per person, but we totally did the taxi thing this trip because it is most convenient. At Disney you just ask the concierge desk to call one and it is there in less than 5 minutes, and coming back there is a taxi stand as soon as you step off the escalator and they pop you right into one with no wait at all. Same deal at Seaworld! Took all the stress out of trying to meet shuttles or towncars at certain times.

Cinderelley
10-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Hello there,

We are sponsors here at Intercot and also offer transfers between WDW and Universal. With our towncar this round trip is $75.00.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

I am so glad you answered in this thread. :D

How many people can fit in a towncar? How does it work? Do we set up a time and place for pick up or do we call you guys when we are ready?

faline
10-01-2012, 08:03 AM

How many people can fit in a towncar? How does it work? Do we set up a time and place for pick up or do we call you guys when we are ready?

You can find more information on booking with Quicksilver here (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/). Their telephone number is listed on their site so you can give them a call to get your questions answered.

quicksilver
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Hi there,

Towncar holds up to 4 passengers; if you have more than four (up to 10) you can use our van ($90.00).
Times must be set when reserving.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.