PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan

MickeyFanKY
09-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Using the dining plan next week for the first time. Any opinions on things I should know before we leave.

I know we get 1 snack, 1 quick service,& 1 table service credit per person for each night.

Just wondering if anyone had any tidbits or common errors.

Thanks in advance!

Itchy
09-27-2012, 03:56 PM
For your table service's I would hope that you have reservations already made or you might have trouble getting in some of the restaurants.

You forgot that each of you get a free refillable mug at the food court. All you need to do is take your key to the world to the check out after picking up your mug and let them know you are on the dining plan and your will be good to go.

I don't know of anything special other than it makes it easier just to get the food and go at the counter service. At the table service you will need to pay the tip and any charges such as alcoholic beverage or appetizer.

Enjoy, I love the dining plan but there are some out there that would rather pay out of pocket. I just love the convenience.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

rhonary
09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Just be sure to check and keep your receipts to make sure the you have the right # of credits! The last time we were at the world a new lady at the place we ate on our first day there didnt think it went threw right the first time and did it a second time...and yes it took off 2 credits. But we didn't notice it till our last day there...and of course we had all the receipts but that one! They made it right for us but I really didn't want to pay out of pocket for our last meal, and there was 5 of us. So be sure to check and keep them all just in case!

mydisneygirls
09-27-2012, 08:55 PM
One thing I do is use one CS for breakfast and split between two (there are 3 of us). There is more than enough food to tide us over until lunch and then I use the other 2 then...again more than enough food to split between the three of us. I find that if I used all 3 CS at one, there is too much food. The way I use them, I'm able to split them between breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I get a bagel for breakfast because it counts as a snack. This way, I don't have to pay out of pocket for breakfast or lunch and then we use the TS for dinner.

disneynarula
09-28-2012, 06:21 AM
I always take a look at menus and try to plan my QS meals. You can get some really nice ones or some really [bad] ones. Some of our favorites are The Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtwon Disney and the Tangeriene Cafe in Epcot. Both of those places are just as good as TS.

TheDuckRocks
09-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Watch for the little purple DDP mark next to items on the counter service, snack locations, all the booths at Food & Wine Festival, carts and stores like Goofy's Candy Kitchen when wanting a snack. You will be amazed at what you can get.

ANG
09-28-2012, 01:59 PM
I always take a look at menus and try to plan my QS meals. You can get some really nice ones or some really [bad] ones. Some of our favorites are The Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtwon Disney and the Tangeriene Cafe in Epcot. Both of those places are just as good as TS.

I agree, to take a look at Quick service places before you get there. That way you don't waste a bunch of time around mealtime finding a place that accepts the plan

Gator
10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I know Tangeriene Cafe take the DDP for sure. No worries there. I don't know of any park restaurants that don't take the DDP.

There are some Epcot places that don't take snack credits for the treats. Check when you first enter.