PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat at MNNSHP?

disneynarula
09-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Where do you think we should eat when we go to MNSSHP. We want to eat on the cheap since we already paid so much for the tickets. We are staying off property that week and plan to take advantage of all the more expensive QS options when we are on the dining plan the following week.

I realize it still isn't going to be inexpensive but I wondered what the less expensive options were.

We are planning on getting to the MK right at 4:00 so we could eat at any of the counter service options.

joonyer
09-27-2012, 12:36 PM
My wife and I like to split a salad at Cosmic Rays. That's one way to save a little $$. But most CS places charge very close to the same amount for the same types of food. There's no one place that's really less expensive than others. Burgers are going to cost the same no matter where you get one. We also like to eat at Columbia Harbor House and split a meal. Another option is to eat a late lunch before you go, so you won't be as hungry. I know you said you won't be "trick or treating" but you are likely to come across several of the candy stations without much of a wait. We kept our energy level up with snacking on candy during the party. At least that's what we kept telling ourselves. :D

Wolf
09-27-2012, 01:20 PM
I LOVE Casey's but I am a huge Kraut dog fan and they have cheese fries that are KILLER!!! So if that stuff sounds good to yall, I'd vote that but otherwise Columbia Harbor House is really yummy and I recently read a trip report that the people were talking about new fancier dishes I've never heard of, I'm def going to try it this coming trip!

Dopey's Girl
09-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm going to be enjoying the deliciousness that is Casey's. Can't wait!

buzznwoodysmom
09-27-2012, 04:35 PM
We had a funnel cake at the Sleep Hollow place in Liberty Square for MNSSHP. It was a very cool place to eat for the party. There was a kind of fog up in the trees in that area, and every once in a while you'd hear the sound of a horse trotting (in reference to the headless horseman). We were sitting at a table as the first parade started and the headless horseman passed within viewing distance from us. In the past I've seen waffel sandwiches there, not sure if they still have them, but they looked really good. You could share a sandwich and order a funnel cake for dessert and enjoy the atmosphere!

BrerGnat
09-27-2012, 06:21 PM
I plan to get a waffle sandwich for dinner from Sleepy Hollow. Just have to get there before 5pm, as they only sell them up to that point. They look amazing!

TinkerbellT421
09-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Columbia harbor house has a lot of food for the money. Especially the combos. I always eat a dinner there once a trip. I usually get the chicken finger fry basket and a bowl of chowder. It's awesome. :mickey:

Lindsey310
09-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Columbia harbor house!!! DH and I love their fish and Chips yum! :eat:

Imalismom
09-27-2012, 07:43 PM
My favorite is Pecos Bill. I like that it has the "add-ons" bar to load up your burgers/hotdogs and taco salads for no extra charge.

joonyer
09-27-2012, 10:42 PM
My favorite is Pecos Bill. I like that it has the "add-ons" bar to load up your burgers/hotdogs and taco salads for no extra charge.

Just for info, Cosmic Ray's has the exact same toppings bar as Pecos Bill's.

Quadstriker
09-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Our plan is to hit Sushi at Poly before the party. MK food options are meh imo.

Harbor House if you have to eat at MK and go upstairs.

BrerGnat
09-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Just for info, Cosmic Ray's has the exact same toppings bar as Pecos Bill's.

Yeah, but Cosmic Ray's is generally a dirty, disgusting mess. I can't eat there anymore after the last two times we were there. It was SO bad...

joonyer
09-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah, but Cosmic Ray's is generally a dirty, disgusting mess. I can't eat there anymore after the last two times we were there. It was SO bad...

That's probably because Cosmic Ray's is much bigger, has a larger menu and it's much closer to the front of the park. As such, it usually is much more crowded than Pecos Bill's, but you're right, that's no excuse for not keeping it clean.

Mr. Smee
09-30-2012, 08:42 PM
We like to get to Poly about 2:30-3pm, grab a late lunch, early dinner at Kona, and hop the monorail over for 4pm entry. That's been the way we have done it, and it's worked really well.

DisneyDawgette
10-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I plan to get a waffle sandwich for dinner from Sleepy Hollow. Just have to get there before 5pm, as they only sell them up to that point. They look amazing!

Say what?! I love waffles and sandwiches. How have I never heard of this concoction?! :D

And Casey's is, and will always be, my vote! They REALLY know how to hit it out of the park! ;)

VWL Mom
10-01-2012, 08:03 PM

Oh Natalie, you have no idea, had my first one in August....yum. I had the Nutello and strawberries one, it was huge!

Katzateer
10-01-2012, 08:34 PM
We like to get to Poly about 2:30-3pm, grab a late lunch, early dinner at Kona, and hop the monorail over for 4pm entry. That's been the way we have done it, and it's worked really well.

That's exactly what we do!:thumbsup:

IfUHadWings
10-05-2012, 11:21 AM
We had a funnel cake at the Sleep Hollow place in Liberty Square for MNSSHP. It was a very cool place to eat for the party. There was a kind of fog up in the trees in that area, and every once in a while you'd hear the sound of a horse trotting (in reference to the headless horseman). We were sitting at a table as the first parade started and the headless horseman passed within viewing distance from us. In the past I've seen waffel sandwiches there, not sure if they still have them, but they looked really good. You could share a sandwich and order a funnel cake for dessert and enjoy the atmosphere!

I've seen this place but never looked in...I just searched the menu and saw the pictures. I can't wait to try the waffle sandwiches! Hope I have time for the fruit and chicken version!:thumbsup:

ANG
10-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I've always like Pinochhio's (sp)

VWL Mom
10-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Just thinking, since you're staying offsite, why not grab a late lunch before entering the property and then a snack during the party. If you're looking to keep the price down I would think you could save this way.