PDA

View Full Version : August 1st through the 14th or August 16th through the 30th?

Mickey'sIrishPAl
09-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Just back from a 12 day dream vacay to the World and am anxious to start planning next years' trip. We have historically gone in mid-September but my son is getting to the age where I hate for him to miss any school. How do any of the above mentioned timeframes work for everyone else? How are crowd levels at this time? Historically, have there been any free dining promotions going on during these timeframes (this will be key in deciding whether or not we will stay in a moderate or value).

Thanks in advance fellow Intercotees!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I would vote for the later dates.

We've been twice at the end of August, and as you get later in the month the crowds start to decrease and we've always really enjoyed our late August trips.

It will be hot (not all that different from September), but not a bad time at all to go!

We have gotten free dining a number of times in late August, but it seems like Disney may be cutting back the length of the fall free dining, but later August would have a greater chance than early August.

Itchy
09-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I would vote for late August as well. The crowds are less. In the past I have gotten free dining in late August.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

bruin1344
09-27-2012, 09:17 PM
I would vote for the later dates.

We've been twice at the end of August, and as you get later in the month the crowds start to decrease and we've always really enjoyed our late August trips.

It will be hot (not all that different from September), but not a bad time at all to go!

We have gotten free dining a number of times in late August, but it seems like Disney may be cutting back the length of the fall free dining, but later August would have a greater chance than early August.

I agree with late Aug although Ive never been early Aug. I assume the crowds are larger at the beginning of Aug.

faline
09-28-2012, 11:55 AM
I would always recommend going as late into the month as possible (though I have been in early August myself). Typically, crowds begin to fall as schools go back into session (which varies by school district). Weather will still be very hot and humid throughout the month.

Lindsey310
09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
We like the last two weeks in august. I don't think the heat is that bad (call me crazy, we were there this year 8/30-9/4) and if you know how to do the parks and the rides in a particular order, you will never wait long for anything. Plus, it gives your son a last treat before he has to go back to school. That's my vote.

Next year, we are thinking food and wine Columbus day weekend!!! :mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
09-28-2012, 03:41 PM
This is why I come here. Ask a question...get great responses!! Thanks to all. You made up my mind. Now, Debbie @MJ....where is your e-mail address??

Again, thanks all.