PDA

View Full Version : Mini golf

MickeyFanKY
09-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Going to check out the mini golf courses this time. Which one does everyone prefer?

Thanks

Tigerinvestigator
09-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Fantasia Gardens near the WDW Swan/Dolphin.:thumbsup:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
09-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I really enjoyed the Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course. Was quite challenging and had more of a Disney feel to it. I thought the hole set up here was fantastic and unlike any other mini golf course I have played anywhere else.

Second, I would say Winterland. Again, a little more challenging than Summer and I like the layout more. Bit more of the Christmas in Disney feel.

Third, but not far off by any stretch is Summer. I like this course because I have a 4 year old and she was successfully able to finish the course whiel at the same time not hold anyone up too badly.

The kids loved all 3 but above are just my opinions. Have fun!!

Dopey's Girl
09-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Anything but Fantasia Fairways at Fantasia Gardens. It's more like real golf with bunkers and water hazards. It was the most miserable 90 mins I have ever spent in WDW! :thedolls:

AgentC
09-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I go with my kids (4 &6), so the Winter Summerland course is our favorite. The theming is very cute.

It remind me of the mini golf courses that were around before it became more of a putting exercise. It is easy enough for kids but was still fun for me.

DizneyFreak2002
09-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I've played both and enjoyed both... Fantasia Gardens I think looks nicer, but Windersummerland is themed more heavily... Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with either..

Mary Chase
09-27-2012, 06:57 PM
We absolutely love Wintersummerland. We just love the theming - we always go at Christmas time anyway, so we always do the winterland side. We go every year on our day off from the parks and this year the kids have asked if we're going miniature golfing when we go to Disneyland (for our first time). I was a little bummed to tell them we'll miss it - since Disneyland doesn't have miniature golf courses.

Lindsey310
09-27-2012, 07:12 PM
We like winter summerland. Cute that you get to choose which course to try :mickey:

DNS
09-28-2012, 11:15 AM
We liked Fantasia Gardens best. It just felt nicer.

Tink#64
09-29-2012, 01:04 AM
I cannot compare the two (three) mini golf experiences as we've only been to Fantasia Gardens. But, we really enjoyed FG's! The theming is just pure classic Disney! Very neat & lot's of fun! We also enjoyed our journey there! We rode the bus from Pop to DHS, then we took the boat over to Swan/Dolphin Resorts & walked across the property, then just across the street (pedestrian crossing - not too busy of a road) was FG's! We really enjoyed the entire experience! :thumbsup:

TheVBs
09-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Great info! We've always wondered about doing these.

captain j
11-03-2012, 01:07 PM
fantasia gardens near the wdw swan/dolphin.:thumbsup:

+1

Janmac
11-04-2012, 10:48 AM
We've done both at WinterSummerland and Fantasia Gardens but not the Fairways.

Fantasia has great theming especially if you're familiar with Fantasia. The theming is more subtle than WinterSummerland. Maybe . . . classier?

WinterSummerland is full of sight gags. Over the top. I agree, a 4 year old can easily golf here - maybe better than the adults, if they're like our group and laughing too hard to stand up, much less putt.

We have repeated trips to WinterSummerland but only done Fantasia once.

Jan

buzznwoodysmom
11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
In all our trips to WDW we have yet to visit any of the mini golf courses. I think I'll have to add it to our "new stuff to do" list for our next trip.