PDA

View Full Version : La Cava Del Tequila no more food

Joannelet
09-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Today was the first day that La Cava Del Tequila will no longer be serving any food except for chips and salsa.
They said it had something to do with the food and wine festival but when I asked if it will serve the little food they did again after the festival he said no it will not be coming back.

DisneyDINK
09-26-2012, 10:51 PM
They serve tequila, but not food. Hmmm...

:ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack:

Briliant!

BriarRose0708
09-27-2012, 09:14 AM
They still have chips an salsa. For anyone who is upset/annoyed that food won't reappear after F&W is done, politely tweet them at @cavadeltequila and let them know. The Twitter manager they have is very responsive and if enough people provide them feedback, they may change their minds.

Melanie
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
They still have chips an salsa. For anyone who is upset/annoyed that food won't reappear after F&W is done, politely tweet them at @cavadeltequila and let them know. The Twitter manager they have is very responsive and if enough people provide them feedback, they may change their minds.

True enough! They are very responsive on Twitter, and seem to receptive to feedback.

MNNHFLTX
09-27-2012, 01:39 PM
I didn't know that they were serving food until this thread. :shrug:

JanetMegan
09-28-2012, 06:50 AM
Hmm what do they mean by food? I had chips, salsa (fair), cheese dip and some VERY good guacamole there a few days ago...

Melanie
09-28-2012, 06:59 AM
This is the tweet we got back from them yesterday from our @INTERCOT account:

We are so sorry, during food and wine festival is impossible for us to have food items

I tweeted back and asked for clarification on whether the food items would return after the Festival, but they never tweeted back.

The way I read this though, looks like it's only temporary during the Festival.

Beth and Janet, this was their menu before. I guess now it's strictly chips and salsa.

Queso Blanco
Warm white nacho cheese with pico de gallo sauce and tortilla chips

Chips and Guacamole
Tortilla chips and guacamole (spicy blend of avocado, serano chile, cilantro and lime)

Shrimp Cocktail
Acapulco-style shrimp cocktail, served with spicy marinated tomato sauce and fried corn tortillas

Chips and Salsa
Tortilla chips and chipotle salsa

Trio Combo
Tortilla chips served with salsa, queso, and guacamole. Looks just like the Mexican Flag!

Joannelet
09-28-2012, 07:19 AM
I asked him specifically if it would return after food and wine and he said no it is completely gone. (something about it was becoming too much and turnover rates etc.)
They just want the focus to be the drinks but they will still have chips and salsa.

Disney Hungarian
09-28-2012, 07:47 AM
They just posted this on Twitter 30 minutes ago in reference to the queso and Guac.
La Cava Del Tequila‏@cavadeltequila
“@MandyTG: @cavadeltequila So will it return?” Absolutely

Melanie
09-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Okay, so conflicting reports. :unsure:

JanetMegan
09-28-2012, 09:14 AM
The menu from this week matched the above except for no shrimp. I have to say even though it was a little $ the platter with all three items was EXCELLENT! (as were the drinks!)

Scar
09-28-2012, 10:34 AM
And even this menu is changed from a few years back. I have definitly had more hearty fried appetizer stuff in the past.

Joannelet
09-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Maybe enough people complained about it that they are rethinking it. I know while we were there 2 different sets of people wanted to order the food. The one couple expressed their unhappiness then too.
I didn't even know they had food until the one couple came in to order and said when did this start as we just had it here 2 days ago? And he said "Today."
Then I asked the other guy there so you guys use to serve food? And he mentioned that they took it away as they want people outside for the food and wine festival. Then I asked so will it return after the festival is over as it appears people enjoyed it. He responded no and mentioned turn over rate and focus of drinks and then mentioned chips and salsa will be served only.
But if enough people complain they may reconsider. Maybe they did and that is what the twitter response was about. Apparently they must serve some great guac that hopefully one day I will get to try.

DonaldDuckUSA
09-29-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm not a fan of their salsa, but the guac is so yummy!

I never knew they had shirmp cocktail! Bummer. Hopefully it will return after F&W.

Melanie
09-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Sean (Disney Hungarian) is there tonight and just spoke with the manager of La Cava who confirmed the food items would indeed return after the Food & Wine Festival. Good deal! :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking Sean!

TheRustyScupper
09-30-2012, 05:03 PM
They serve tequila, but not food. Hmmm...

Makes sense during F&FW.

SBETigg
09-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Sean (Disney Hungarian) is there tonight and just spoke with the manager of La Cava who confirmed the food items would indeed return after the Food & Wine Festival. Good deal! :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking Sean!

I think that when I was there last year for the F & W, they did this as well. I thought it might have been just on some days, but it does make sense during F & W. They're super crowded then.