PDA

View Full Version : Trying to make dining reservations March 22-29

AndrewJackson
09-26-2012, 07:36 PM
I am trying to make dining reservations for our vacation next March 22-29. I logged in on the 180 day window on September 23, and both Chef Mickey's and Whispering Canyon show no availability for dinner. It doesn't matter what day I try, or what time. Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it possible that these restaurants will be closed for refurbishment or something? Thanks!

Itchy
09-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I am guessing that you have been able to make other ADR's. If so I would bet that they maybe totally booked right now. If that is the case I would keep trying you never know when they will get a cancellation.

Good luck.. Happy Planning..:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM
That's Holy Week, leading up to Easter, for 2013. That's the busiest (or 2nd busiest, depending on the year) week of the year, which is probably why you couldn't get the ADR. Chef Mickey's is very difficult to get even during "normal" times of the year. WC isn't usually too hard, but, again, with that week it usually fills up quickly. Neither of those places is due for a refurb right now. Sometimes during those really busy weeks they add slots as you get closer, and people do cancel, so keep trying. Remember, when you hit day 180, others have already been doing those dates from previous days' arrivals.

buzznwoodysmom
09-26-2012, 08:54 PM
I have to agree with the two previous posters. If your talking about the week before Easter the problem is probably that it's already booked.

I know during some parts of the year if we don't book Ohana's right at the 180 day mark it's very difficult to get. Even if there is the slightest chance we are going I book Ohana's as soon as I can since my family would disown me if we went to WDW and I didn't have Ohana's for us. LOL.

Just keep trying. People cancel and rebook all the time. Good luck.

AndrewJackson
09-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I know it is one of the busiest weeks of the year, but I have a hard time believing there isn't something wrong with the system.

As soon as my 180 windows opened, I searched for all dinner availability at all the resort restaurants for just 2 people. About 1/2 of the restaurants showed no availability for the entire 4 hour window, for just 2 people - and this was 180 days in advance!

disneynarula
09-27-2012, 12:00 PM
As others posted... it is a very popular time and many people will wake up early and start making their ADRs as soon as the lines open.

Try calling. You might have better luck.

I talked to a CM yesterday and was trying to get an ADR at a certain place and she told me the best time to call would be 1-2 days before the time we want to eat.

Keep checking online. Both those places require a cc deposit. People will cancel if they don't need it. We just cancelled an ADR for our upcoming trip a few weeks ago.

You may have to just make alternate plans. We booked a last minute trip during free dining once and were unable to make an ADR at almsot any of the more popular places. We found some hidden gems during that week. We discovered Sanaa, and Olivia's Cafe. Both we so good and we were glad to try something new.

natstroop
09-27-2012, 12:09 PM
You have to realize though, that people for the last 10 days have been booking during your week already because of the 180+10. It could be possible that it's entirely booked. But I would call just to make sure.