PDA

View Full Version : Better time to check in

goofygonewild
09-26-2012, 03:43 PM
We will be staying at AoA the first week in June and was wondering when the best time of day to check in would be? We will be staying offsite arrival day and will check in the next day with no major agenda and was wondering if it really matters when we check in. I am requesting a specific building & floor so I am guessing earlier is better? I would just prefer to check in without waiting very long.

Strmchsr
09-26-2012, 04:19 PM
In general early is better if you want to request something, though that still does not guarantee it. I usually arrive by 7 am for check-in (which is the earliest you can check-in). That generally has very low lines. But for the rest of the day it can be hit and miss depending on what time DME arrives (usually a large influx of people then) and if there are any groups present.

buzznwoodysmom
09-26-2012, 04:34 PM
We always try to check in as early as we can. I've had better luck getting my requests met when checking in earlier, not always, but most of the time. We typically check in between 8 and 10am.

MargaretMessler
09-26-2012, 08:16 PM
If your requests are "would like" items rather than "must have" items, consider online check in, that will cut down your wait time as well.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-26-2012, 09:07 PM
If you can check-in early, I would. There are more rooms available, and a better chance they will be able to meet your requests. You'll most likely have to wait to actually get into your room, but can enjoy the parks.

I would avoid being too close to check-out time (11am), as the front desk can get busy with questions from those leaving.

goofygonewild
09-27-2012, 10:39 AM
I would avoid being too close to check-out time (11am), as the front desk can get busy with questions from those leaving.

Good point! Maybe I'll just get up early & run over & get us checked in while the family sleeps in. We are only staying about 5 miles away. Our MJ agent suggested we do not do online check-in since we have a room request.

joonyer
09-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Best time we ever checked in was 7 a.m. There was NOBODY in line at the desk. It took about 5 minutes to get checked in. We had stayed off-site the night before, got up early and drove to our Disney resort (Pop), checked in, left our bags and caught the bus to early EMH at MK, got to the park at opening ceremonies by 8:00. Came back to Pop about 4:00 p.m. our room was ready with our bags delivered. It was great. no hassle, no waiting.

goofygonewild
10-18-2012, 02:13 PM

So after the 11am check out time does it slow down at the front desk for a while? Also with that check out time it would seem to me that from 9-11 could get pretty busy so if I checked in between before 9:00 we should be ok?? After driving for so long the day before, I'm not sure how early I will be able to get up and going.

Strmchsr
10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
so if I checked in between before 9:00 we should be ok??

It really is impossible to say for sure. You could have a big group come in on a DME bus. But, in general, I've found before 9 am to not be very crowded in the check-in lines. That isn't always the case, but usually.

steamboat willy
10-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I sent a Private message. Thanks