Many times on Sunday I was like this:
:mad::confused::rant::noway::blowup::bang:

That is all.

Melanie
09-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Turible. ;)

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Maybe I found my new retirement job. They obviously have no hiring requirements. I have to know more about football rules than these clowns.

SBETigg
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
You have to laugh, but it really was not a laughing matter here on Sunday night, and then Monday. I guess we'll have to keep our sense of humor when we watch from now on. What else can you do, right?

DisneyDINK
09-25-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure who needs the Pixie Dust most?!

As a Seattle fan I have to say Green Bay really got the shaft and I'm really not happy with the league right now. Goodell has to solve this ASAP, and I'd really like to see him gone as well; he's really messed things up.

I'm not watching next week.

AgentC
09-25-2012, 10:59 AM
I picked the wrong year to start up the NFL Sunday Ticket again! :eek2:

DizneyFreak2002
09-25-2012, 12:45 PM
We aren't watching football, we are watching a comedy of errors... Goodall needs to stop being stubborn, admit he was wrong and failed, and get the real refs back... Even though they aren't perfect, the real refs aren't this idiotic..

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-26-2012, 12:20 PM
We aren't watching football, we are watching a comedy of errors... Goodall needs to stop being stubborn, admit he was wrong and failed, and get the real refs back... Even though they aren't perfect, the real refs aren't this idiotic..

Money talks. Until the ratings slide and league revenues decline as a result of these clowns, nothing will change, or certainly nothing will happen quickly.

I knew it would be a long night when Green Bay was flagged for off-sides on the coin flip.

Biggest hose job that I can ever recall, and I'm a Vikings fan. What will eventually happen is this situation will arise again but it will be against the home team, and then watch out for what happens. Can you imagine what would have happened if that call had gone against say the Bears, Jets, Eagles or Packers in their home stadium after the fans had an entire day of tailgating? It would have been a disaster.

MNNHFLTX
09-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Biggest hose job that I can ever recall, and I'm a Vikings fan. What will eventually happen is this situation will arise again but it will be against the home team, and then watch out for what happens. Can you imagine what would have happened if that call had gone against say the Bears, Jets, Eagles or Packers in their home stadium after the fans had an entire day of tailgating? It would have been a disaster.As a former Minnesotan, I had to laugh at the first sentence in this paragraph, but I agree--the Packers got robbed. The NFL need to do whatever they can to get the regular refs back.

Melanie
09-26-2012, 01:01 PM
I actually just saw that the league and the officials met last night until 2am and that a deal could be coming very soon. Might even see them back on the field by Sunday. :clappy:

TinkerbellT421
09-26-2012, 01:33 PM
I actually just saw that the league and the officials met last night until 2am and that a deal could be coming very soon. Might even see them back on the field by Sunday. :clappy:

I have a feeling that there will be a standing ovation when the REAL refs come back! Lol

joonyer
09-26-2012, 01:51 PM
I have a feeling that there will be a standing ovation when the REAL refs come back! Lol

Yeah, at least until they make a call against the home team! Then they will be booed as usual. ;)

TinkerbellT421
09-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah, at least until they make a call against the home team! Then they will be booed as usual. ;)

Agreed lol.
I think football fans have been traumatized (at least until all is eventually forgotten). Ya know that saying "The grass is always greener" well I think we realized for the questionable calls that some of the real refs make are nothing compared to what we just experienced! lol. But, like usual, until this is forgotten by next season then we will all be swearing at the televisions again ;) lol

princessgirls
09-26-2012, 05:29 PM
After the Sunday Night and even more crazy Monday night end of the game crazy call...I'm really afraid there is going to be a FAN MUTINY, and someone or many people will get hurt.

Roger Goddell needs to get those ref's back out there. This replacement system is not working!!!!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyDINK
09-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Now that the NFL has ended the referee lockout and it is likely the refs union will have a contract signed before Sunday, perhaps it is a good time to consider a lockout of Goodell. Just think of all of the money that they could save by not paying his salary and how many other bad decisions and ideas that could be avoided!

MNNHFLTX
09-27-2012, 02:10 PM
After the Sunday Night and even more crazy Monday night end of the game crazy call...I'm really afraid there is going to be a FAN MUTINY, and someone or many people will get hurt.

Roger Goddell needs to get those ref's back out there. This replacement system is not working!!!!
They will be back on for tonight's game. :thumbsup:

Hammer
09-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Now that the NFL has ended the referee lockout and it is likely the refs union will have a contract signed before Sunday, perhaps it is a good time to consider a lockout of Goodell. Just think of all of the money that they could save by not paying his salary and how many other bad decisions and ideas that could be avoided!

Amen! I understand he is not a fan of unions, but he takes it too far. Even the owners finally came around and said to get this thing settled!

princessgirls
09-29-2012, 12:28 AM
The Monday night Seahawks/Green Bay game was a game changer. Literally....

Roger Goodell, would not have settled this...he would have let it go.

Glad to see the ref's back in action!

Julie:mickey:

Scar
09-29-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure why Goodell gets the blame? He works for the owners. It was the owners that locked the refs out, not Goodell. And it was the owners that gave in, Goodell was only following orders. Now, did he say a few things that made him look bad? Yes. Should he be fired for that? That's up to the owners.

Hammer
09-29-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure why Goodell gets the blame? He works for the owners. It was the owners that locked the refs out, not Goodell. And it was the owners that gave in, Goodell was only following orders. Now, did he say a few things that made him look bad? Yes. Should he be fired for that? That's up to the owners.

Jeff, Goodell was hearing things from some owners prior to the debacle last Monday night. He chose to ignore it. After Monday night, and more owners spoke up, he had no choice. That's my problem with Goodell and some of the owners. I hate the "my way or the highway" attitude and the refusal to negotiate and make compromises from either side of a strike or lockout.

Scar
09-29-2012, 01:49 PM
He chose to ignore it. After Monday night, and more owners spoke up, he had no choice.
First off, I'm going to assume this was a majority rule from the owner's standpoint. If a majority of the owner's still wanted the lockout after week 2, then he had no choice there either. If the majority wanted to end it, then he should get fired, but I really doubt that's the case. We have no idea what Goodell and the owner's talk about behind closed doors. For all we know he could have been saying exactly what they wanted him to say.

Hammer
09-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Jeff, I agree I think that it was not a majority of the owners prior to Monday night, but it was there.

I have the same problem with the NHL lockout. Bettman and the owners would rather there be no NHL then to give an inch. Players will go and make money in Europe if the NHL goes away and the only ones hurt are the fans. For the record, hockey is my least favorite of the 4 major sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL), but I feel for thier fans.