PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's Magical Adventure 2012 Part 10

Zawadi
09-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Monday Sep 24

The plan for today was the morning EMH at Animal Kingdom. It didn't happen as after the late night at Magic Kingdom, we only got up around 09:45. I put the "privacy please" sign on the door as I could hear the mousekeepers outside. I emerged from the shower to the smell of burnt toast. The a knock on the door from housekeeping and security asking it we could smell anything? We left the room at 10:40 and I spoke with one of the Security CMs who thought the smell was like burnt popcorn. Could be but it was us as neither of can stand that stuff.

Breakfast, or rather brunch as it had gone 11:00 was at the Boardwalk Bakery. We both had an Italian Ciabatta Sandwich, also known as a door stop. They were huge and one would have been enough between us. We ate what we could followed by carrot cake and tiramisu, again not so small portions.

Our revised plan the took us around World Showcase to actually explore the countries, starting with France. By 14:00 we had only made it as far as China and were feeling midday heat. Watching Reflections of China, the 360 degree theatre gave us motion sickness. We decided that we need drinks and a cool down so spent the remainder of the afternoon in the Yacht Club's quiet pool.

Diner was at 17:00 in Chefs de France. We opted for the standard 3 course menu. French onion soup followed by braised short rib then Creme brûlée and profiteroles.

We returned to our room, and I sat down an promptly fell asleep, I put it down to the heat and good food, waking up at 19:30. Fortunately it was evening EMH at Studios and we made it to the 21:30 Fantasmic. Now Studios closed at 21:00, but Fantasmic was packed and they did not check room keys. Too many guests. It does mean that non-resort guests hang on until the end to see the second Fanstsmic. Anyway, we got to see Fanstasmic at our third attempt and in the dry.

The lines were surprisingly long, and we only got in a GMR and Voyage of The Little Mermaid before leaving at 23:15. Now I thought that the rain had gone this week, but we got very damp in VotLM especially when the sprinkler above me kept dripping.

As I'm typing this, it's gone midnight, and I can hear the IlumiNations music. Just looked across to Epcot and the floodlights, building lights and sound system are being tested. A free show, it's a pity they're not testing the fireworks as well ;)

Joannelet
09-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Ah, we were in the same area today! DHS and Epcot. :)
I thought today was much cooler than the other days. It has definitely been hot!
But I am thrilled no rain since Friday thus far! Cannot wait to meet you tomorrow!!!! See you then!

faline
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
You certainly went with the flow of the day. It's the best way to approach vacations - if your original plans don't work out, adjust and adapt - everyone stays much happier that way!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the report

January-2007
09-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks for reporting!

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: