PDA

View Full Version : DHS To Get Entertainment Changes

DizneyFreak2002
09-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Expect Beauty and the Beast as well as Voyage of the Little Mermaid to shut down and be replaced... B&TB will be replaced with the long rumored Tangled stage show.. No idea what Mermaid will be replaced with...

Timeframe? Not sure... I would venture sooner rather than later...

BriarRose0708
09-24-2012, 03:13 PM
:( for Beauty and the Beast, and :thumbsup: for Voyage. I love B&TB and since the show closed on Broadway HS was the only place to see a version live. I will miss it. Voyage was not good, imo, and with the new Ariel ride in Fantasyland I hope they replace it with a higher quality show.

taleasoldastime
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
That sounds awesome! B&TB for tangled seems like a pretty good trade off(at least for me because they are both my favorites). And voyage never interested me. Cant wait to see what they do!

Lindsey310
09-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm so excited for these changes!!!! With the exception of the last trip this month when we went with first timers, DH and I have not done B&TB or LM in quite a few years! Can't wait to see what is in store for these areas!!:mickey:

DisneyGlutton
09-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the info. Even though neither of them is that good, I still want to see them one last time before they close.

buzznwoodysmom
09-24-2012, 05:31 PM
I love B&B show, but have to admit we don't take the time to see it very often. I'd say in the last 5 years we may have watched it once, and we typically go to WDW once or twice a year.

As for LM, we saw this once and it never crossed our minds to see it again. TLM is one of my favorite Disney movies, but the show at DHS was never a must do for my family.

I'll be inetersted to see what replaces them, and even more interested to see if it's something of quality! I would hope that whatever replaces LM it's not another princess attraction.

TinkerbellT421
09-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm interested to see the change! I haven't seen the movie tangled, so I guess I better get to seeing it sooner rather than later....I saw beauty and the beast once. It's one of those one and dones for me.

DizneyFreak2002
09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm interested to see the change! I haven't seen the movie tangled, so I guess I better get to seeing it sooner rather than later....I saw beauty and the beast once. It's one of those one and dones for me.

Tonya, you haven't seen Tangled? I suggest you see it... One of the better movies Disney has released in recent years... :)

TinkerbellT421
09-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Tonya, you haven't seen Tangled? I suggest you see it... One of the better movies Disney has released in recent years... :)

Really?! ugh, now I have to spend $20.00 to see it, you had to tell me that didn't ya ;) lol sounds like a shopping trip planned for me....:spend::shop: is it still out or is it one of those "in the vault" ones? I already plan on going and buying Cinderella on the 2nd....

DizneyRox
09-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Tangled is a pretty good movie. After all the hub bub... My little one used to watch it over nd over, only to be replaced by Brave.

Didn't they just refurb VotLM recentlyish? Kindof a waste of money, no? It's not an every trip show, I admit, but I can't think of much Disney has done in recent years that's got much rerideabiity.

Tekneek
09-24-2012, 06:32 PM
My daughters really enjoy Voyage of the Little Mermaid, so taking that out will likely mean we do even less at that park than before. I shouldn't mind if it becomes a less than a half day park going forward, because it probably saves me money.

DizneyFreak2002
09-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Really?! ugh, now I have to spend $20.00 to see it, you had to tell me that didn't ya ;) lol sounds like a shopping trip planned for me....:spend::shop: is it still out or is it one of those "in the vault" ones? I already plan on going and buying Cinderella on the 2nd....

$1.90 with Red Box... LoL... ;)

Dsnygirl
09-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear about B&tB... it's a favorite of ours, we never miss it. :( Not so sad about VotLM, though.... saw it in '06 and haven't been back, thought it was really lacking compared to the other shows we've seen.

That being said, I'll be interested to see how they do Tangled... I think if done right, it could be really fun, and quite cute. Of course, not sure how they're going to incorporate Pascale & Maximus, who I thought stole quite a few scenes with their witty lines or expressions/reactions... :D

AgentC
09-24-2012, 11:19 PM
That being said, I'll be interested to see how they do Tangled... I think if done right, it could be really fun, and quite cute. Of course, not sure how they're going to incorporate Pascale & Maximus, who I thought stole quite a few scenes with their witty lines or expressions/reactions... :D

I love Pascale and Maximus. I really enjoyed the wedding short with them.

As far as DHS goes, I think the changes are a good idea. We used to go to the B&B show all the time but less and less over the years even though it is one of my favorite Disney movies.

VotLM was okay but a couple of times was enough. On most trips it is a skip for us.

beksy
09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm in the minority but I'll miss VoLM. It was one of my favorite shows growing up and one of Dad's favorites. We still go at least once each trip to see it...I love the "under the sea" feeling but its also very sentimental in my family.

figgie
09-25-2012, 09:46 AM
I never really liked the Beauty and the Beast but I do enjoy the Little Mermaid one. I also liked the "Under the Sea" feel but I will look forward to a Tangled show, I really liked that movie. I enjoy changes at the parks, always makes me feel like the parks are "living" when there are changes. Just like my life, no matter what, you can always count on the changes...:swim:..."Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

disneynarula
09-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm in the minority but I'll miss VoLM. It was one of my favorite shows growing up and one of Dad's favorites. We still go at least once each trip to see it...I love the "under the sea" feeling but its also very sentimental in my family.

Me too... I love the Little Mermaid. So looking forward to the ride at MK.

I love Beauty and The Beast too. I loved Tangled. It is one of my favorite of the princess movies. I don't see it really having the Broadway appeal that Beauty and the Beast has.

antngoof89
09-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm so excited to hear this and to also see about sources saying Carsland is Green Lit. I've been going to Disney since Hollywood Studios (MGM Studios then) opened and couldn't be happier to finally see some changes going on in the park. I know we get negative about Disney fairly often, but maybe, just maybe, there are a FEW people in TDO that want to keep this vacation destination exactly that... a vacation destination. Regardless, I love Disney and think the place is absolutely awesome, but I'd love to see some changes come to fruition. C'mon Disney, don't let us down.

AND CUT AVATAR TO GIVE US AUSTRAILIA! (I'm dreaming about that)

TinkerbellT421
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I just realized, I don't think we have ever seen voyage of the little mermaid. Do you know when they will be shutting that down? Thinking I would like to see it when we go in December to have at least seen it once.

DizneyFreak2002
09-25-2012, 06:04 PM
I just realized, I don't think we have ever seen voyage of the little mermaid. Do you know when they will be shutting that down? Thinking I would like to see it when we go in December to have at least seen it once.

Haven't read about any dates...

Replacement rumor for Voyage: a show based on Phineas and Ferb...

DizneyRox
09-25-2012, 06:57 PM

Going for staying power I see... I didn't even know what that was, until someone tried explaining it to me recently. Didn't interest me enough to google it to see what they were really talking about.

Roger's #1 Fan
09-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Tangled :thumbsup:

Fineas and Ferb... not so much

Given the current water theming... how about another Nemo attraction? (three out of four parks)

AgentC
09-25-2012, 08:22 PM
I think both Phineas and Ferb and Tangled will work.

Phineas and Ferb is not timeless, but I think that is okay.I would have liked it better a year or two ago when it was first starting to be real popular. My kids still really like and always want to see the new episodes but they are a bit more excited about Gravity Falls.

In an ideal world, I could see this being the next step up from Disney Junior. Disney Junior gets updates as new shows become popular. So the Phineas and Ferb show could become the regular Disney Channel or Disney XD area and get updated every few years as well.

DisneyGlutton
09-25-2012, 10:13 PM

It's probably not a good sign that I had no idea who Phineas and Ferb are...too bad they couldn't bring the Aladdin show from DL (I know that would be impossible, I'm just saying)

Aurora
09-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Phineas and Ferb is not timeless, but I think that is okay.I would have liked it better a year or two ago when it was first starting to be real popular. My kids still really like and always want to see the new episodes but they are a bit more excited about Gravity Falls.

:ditto:

My big kids were watching Gravity Falls tonight and I haven't heard them laugh that hard over a TV show in a long time. They're also big P&F fans.

DizneyFreak2002
09-25-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm so excited to hear this and to also see about sources saying Carsland is Green Lit. I've been going to Disney since Hollywood Studios (MGM Studios then) opened and couldn't be happier to finally see some changes going on in the park. I know we get negative about Disney fairly often, but maybe, just maybe, there are a FEW people in TDO that want to keep this vacation destination exactly that... a vacation destination. Regardless, I love Disney and think the place is absolutely awesome, but I'd love to see some changes come to fruition. C'mon Disney, don't let us down.

AND CUT AVATAR TO GIVE US AUSTRAILIA! (I'm dreaming about that)

Carsland has not been greenlit yet... They are discussing proposals, competing proposals actually, so Disney corporate politics are coming into play here... It seems still likely Carsland, or some sort of it comes, but right now, it isn't greenlit yet... As for Avatar, if it is cut, that budget won't go anywhere, unless Joe Rohde has some powerful pull...

It's probably not a good sign that I had no idea who Phineas and Ferb are...too bad they couldn't bring the Aladdin show from DL (I know that would be impossible, I'm just saying)

I know who they are, I know of their show, and I know they are incredibly popular, but I have yet to watch one episode... Which, I think I am going to have to do in order to see what the fuss is all about...

Aurora
09-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I know who they are, I know of their show, and I know they are incredibly popular, but I have yet to watch one episode... Which, I think I am going to have to do in order to see what the fuss is all about...

Be prepared to be underwhelmed on first viewing, except for Doofenshmirtz, who's the best character on the show. Some of the gags come from being "in" jokes after watching several episodes. It's a great combination of kid show mentality and tongue-in-cheek humor, not very edgy, so good for the grammar school crowd. Doofenschmirtz' humor is a bit more old-school goofy, so good for adults.

Melanie
09-26-2012, 05:58 AM
I like both the BATB and LM films. That said, I haven't seen the BATB stage show since it moved from over around Star Tours/Muppets area. At least I think that's where it was. Anyone else remember that? And I'm not talking about where Hunchback used to be. Anyway, I'm good with them moving forward with a Tangled show. Great movie!

On the other hand, I'll be kinda nostalgically sad that LM is going away. Every time I listen to the LM soundtrack, I'm taken back to the pre-show area and going to MGM in the early days. Yeah, I'll miss it, but moving on.

Goofster
09-26-2012, 10:54 AM
I won't miss B&B...never really enjoyed it. I thought the Hunchback show was a lot better. Tangled sounds like a good replacement though.

Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls (along with good luck charlie) are the only shows my kids and I can watch together on Disney Channel. Everything else is garbage.

azcavalier
09-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Intrigued to see what they can do with a Tangled stage production. Beauty and the Beast is actually my all-time favorite animated Disney movie, but I've got to say that Tangled is in the top 5. If you haven't seen it, go get it. Very funny, good music (but not too much music). Who knew that Zachary Levi could sing?

To each their own, but I think that the Voyage of the Little Mermaid is just bad. We have seen it once, wished we hadn't, and have never thought twice about it again. Phineas and Ferb is funny, we have watched quite a few episodes, but not regular watchers. I haven't seen Gravity Falls, yet. We'll have to be on the lookout for it.

But I miss Kim Possible.

RedSoxFan
09-26-2012, 04:58 PM
DH will be devastated to hear that BB will be gone. It is his favorite. I like it too; but not as much as he does. He'll go see the show numerous times during our visits --- esp if we are on ToT. LOL As for the LM; I've only seen it once and thought it was cute. I just watched Tangled this afternoon and it would be a great replacement for BB. It was a very cute movie!!

MyDisneyworld
09-27-2012, 08:10 AM
My daughters will be sad to see both go but will quickly forget i'm sure after seeing the new shows.

Melanie
09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
So no one remembers BATB stage show being somewhere other than it is today? I'm just wanting to remember the exact location. Maybe I'll ask on Twitter and see if anyone knows.

Melanie
09-27-2012, 09:04 AM
I did a little research and found this on Wikipedia. It makes sense, because the trip I saw it on was in spring of '94.

The Original Version opened for the film's 1991 premiere. Its first performance was at 1:30pm on November 22, 1991, the same day the film was released. When the Theater of the Stars was moved in September 1993 (to make room for the construction of Sunset Boulevard), the show was temporarly moved to the Backlot Theater on New York Street. The show reopened in July 1994, in the now covered & newly rebuilt Theater of the Stars on Sunset Blvd.

My memory is apparently failing me, because I was wrong about it not being in the Backlot theater. Strange, because I remember it being off to the side nearer Indiana Jones (kind of backing up to the CM parking lot) and us not being under cover. It was really hot! So I guess I'm crazy. :confused:

Katzateer
09-27-2012, 11:11 AM

We don't see Ariel every trip but have no interest in that new choice so I guess that is just one less activity at HS for us.:(

I love B&B but Tangled would be a great replacement! Beauty and the Beast just isnt the same without 4 for a dollar

Katzateer
09-27-2012, 11:19 AM
I did a little research and found this on Wikipedia. It makes sense, because the trip I saw it on was in spring of '94.

My memory is apparently failing me, because I was wrong about it not being in the Backlot theater. Strange, because I remember it being off to the side nearer Indiana Jones (kind of backing up to the CM parking lot) and us not being under cover. It was really hot! So I guess I'm crazy. :confused:

I remember it bring there also and Tarzan was there afterwards when it got a covering. Was there a Hunchback show there for a short time?? Now it is an enclosed stage because my youngest danced on that stage 2 Decembers ago with Dance the Magic.

Gator
09-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I definitely don't like the fact that they're removing B&TB. (wondering if such an opinion is ok) I see it everytime and I still love it. I'm sure Tangled would be great, but will it have the staying power of what could be Disney's #1 princess for the last two decades.

As far as Mermaid goes, I'd hope they'd replace it with something with staying power - not Phineas and Ferb. I like that show, but how long can it last. Movies are forever - so they should maybe throw in something from the Incredibles or Toy Story or something.

Melanie
09-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I remember it bring there also and Tarzan was there afterwards when it got a covering. Was there a Hunchback show there for a short time?? Now it is an enclosed stage because my youngest danced on that stage 2 Decembers ago with Dance the Magic.

Maybe that's it...it just wasn't covered when I saw B&TB there. I don't think Tarzan was ever in DHS, but Hunchback was there for a long while. It was a popular show.

DisneyDawgette
09-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls (along with good luck charlie) are the only shows my kids and I can watch together on Disney Channel. Everything else is garbage.

Amen! I've heard great things about Gravity Falls, but never seen it. On the other hand, DBF (24) and I will watch Phineas and Ferb for hours. I'm so sad that this show underwhelms people because I find it absolutely hysterical! :blush:

Also, I'm genuinely sad that B&tB is leaving. Not because it was a phenomenal show, but because this is the last remnant of the generation of Disney I grew up with... when they took out the Hunchback show ions ago, I was devastated because that was my favorite Disney movie at the time. And now, B&tB is one of the last things left of the 90s Disney generation aside from FotLK in AK... My nostalgic side is devastated to see it go. -sighs- :unsure:

Katzateer
09-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Maybe that's it...it just wasn't covered when I saw B&TB there. I don't think Tarzan was ever in DHS, but Hunchback was there for a long while. It was a popular show.

I used to write down what we did on each trip when the girls were younger and keep our list for the next trip to figure out what they liked for dining and rides. Wish I had those mini trip reports then I could see what shows we saw at the studios in the 90's.

Really - no Tarzan?? I seem to remember cables with him coming over part of the audience.:confused: We werent big fans of the Hunchback show but I know we saw it several times.

Melanie
09-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Really - no Tarzan?? I seem to remember cables with him coming over part of the audience.:confused: We werent big fans of the Hunchback show but I know we saw it several times.

Tarzan Rocks was at Animal Kingdom in the Theater in the Wild. It was located where Finding Nemo: The Musical is now.

Mary Chase
09-30-2012, 11:42 AM

I'm with you! I really like the show, but it doesn't do much for my boys. I still make them sit through it for me! I'll be sad to see it go - but hopefully they will replace it with something good!

texas211
09-30-2012, 07:57 PM

Exactly. We love the under water feel. Though the video aspects look quite dated.

BnB, we enjoy and feel its a good show. Its not Nemo, but still pretty good.

Katzateer
10-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Tarzan Rocks was at Animal Kingdom in the Theater in the Wild. It was located where Finding Nemo: The Musical is now.

:thumbsup:

MyPastelHeart
10-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Beauty and the Beast was my favorite movie for 18 years, and then Tangled came out. Tangled has since become my favorite movie. Yesterday, I was singing "Mother Knows Best" and being quite dramatic (What can I say, I had a fever and I don't tolerate Tylenol so well :secret::ill: ) and I thought to myself, as much as I love Beauty and the Beast, they really need a Tangled show.

This is the best news I've heard all day! :cloud9:

ValenciaCalling
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
:(

...and that's all I have to say about that...

Gator
10-19-2012, 03:35 PM
I wonder if they replace BntB show with something else, maybe they can bring 4 for a Dollar back to open up the show. Yeah, I highly doubt it, but a man can dream, right?

Katzateer
10-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I wonder if they replace BntB show with something else, maybe they can bring 4 for a Dollar back to open up the show. Yeah, I highly doubt it, but a man can dream, right?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

kbean
10-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Voyage is in the animation section. So it can't be replaced with a Pixar film. It'd have to be animation, but please no phineas and ferb!

RedSoxFan
10-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Four for a Dollar were great. I wish they would bring them back too!!

Butters
10-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Any rumors yet on a timeframe for this?

DizneyFreak2002
10-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Any rumors yet on a timeframe for this?

Nope... no rumored dates other than "expect it sooner rather than later" what ever they meant by sooner LOL...

I'd expect things to start getting into gear once they begin the Extreme Makeover Theme Park Edition project for DHS...

DNS
10-22-2012, 04:45 PM
I have to say, I will be glad to see any change to DHS. We have never been fans and spend very little time there. So many of the shows, etc. are things that are fun once. For those of us who love to go back over and over, it just doesn't seem to me to offer much. A couple of great rides and a great night show. My opinion.