PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Special requests

margiem
09-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi,

Going to Disney in November (was supposed to go in June per my last post) and my Autistic son will only eat chickent tenders and has milk and egg allergies. Special diets has not been much help as I only get the canned answer - basically they copy a webpage and send it to you. Do you think if I call the restaurants directly they will able to tell me if they have something he can eat or will they make sure they have something he can eat when we arrive. I made all the reservations already off of a 2 year old list of where they served Allergy Free Chicken Tenders but I'm getting nervous. We are only about 55 days away! That's all I need is getting to a restaurant with a hungry, tired autistic child and there is nothing he can eat. I filled out the special form but still a bit nervous.

Itchy
09-23-2012, 08:56 PM
My lady friend has an allergy to three different things. When we make our ADR's we always indicate that there is an allergy.

When we check in for our ADR's we again let them know of the allergys as well as our server.

They will have the Chef come out and address all of your concerns and let you know how they can address them.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

ElenitaB
09-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I understand your wanting to know ahead of time that you won't be walking into a minefield. One or two weeks ahead of time, call the Special Diets line again and ask them to put you in touch with the restaurants themselves. This, of course, will work with TS venues. The CS locations may prove more difficult. PLEASE report back after your trip how it went.

margiem
09-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to update you. The chefs have been calling to confirm. That's the Disney I know and love. Feeling much better. Thank You!

Mickey'sGirl
09-29-2012, 02:24 PM
That's great news! Don't forget to let us know how it all worked out! :thumbsup: