PDA

View Full Version : Booking CSR!!

minnie-mouse
09-23-2012, 01:34 PM
We are booking CSR this week for our next trip. Any tips, suggestions for staying there? This will be our first time staying at this resort.

AgentC
09-23-2012, 01:49 PM
My personal preference is to stay in the Cabanas section because it is close to the pool and the main amenities, but the whole resort is beautiful.

If it is not too much more, you may want to pay for a water view. The standard view is fine but the water views are really pretty.

sassafras
09-23-2012, 02:03 PM
We just returned from spending 8 days split between the AKL villas and POR. The concierges at AKL recommended that we try the Pepper Market's breakfast and lunch buffets. They are included on the list for the counter service dining plan. We ate there 2 different days for lunch and found we really enjoyed the selection and amount of different types of food offered. Even if you're not on the dining plan, it's quite affordable (around $16 per person). My hubbie liked it enough, he's now talking about booking stay at CSR resort!

AllDisney
09-23-2012, 03:03 PM
This is a fav resort of ours. The grounds are beautiful & the pool is really cool. :thumbsup:
Enjoy!

DizneyFreak2002
09-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Stayed here a few years ago... Loved the resort... Took a stroll one morning around the entire resort.. it is beautiful!!!

faline
09-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I prefer the Casitas area which is very close to the main building. On our last stay at this location, we were in the Ranchos section, which is about as far away from the main building area as you can get (but much closer to the main pool). Surprisingly, I also liked this area. The walk from this area to the main area was lovely and not so long as I might have expected.

bruin1344
09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Its a nice moderate resort but try to book close to the front desk area because its a long walk from some rooms in the resort. I forget names of the areas.

LVT
09-23-2012, 08:34 PM
We stayed in Casistas (preferred). We use the buses and #2 is the 1st stop, so we always got on.

Angelgirl65
09-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Yay! Our favorite resort! Have a fantastic time :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
09-24-2012, 09:07 AM
It is a very beautiful resort, especially at night. We stayed in the Casitas and it was an easy walk to everything.

I'm in the minority here, but I hated the food options there, especially Pepper Market. The food was your typical food court stuff, you got the food yourself, but had a server to get your drinks so you needed to leave a tip. Generally I don't mind, but we saw him once, he never picked up plates, or refilled drinks. It just wasn't my cup, but I know a number of people like it.

I would not hesitate to stay there again, I would just be sure to have all my meals scheduled away from the resort.

arbie_c
09-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I LOVE CSR. I've only stayed at moderate resorts but it is my favorite. I will say my last trip (Oct 2011) I did not like the Pepper Market as well as previous trips. The servious wasn't as good and the food choices weren't either. However that's not stopping me from staying there for a few nights in November. I had booked All Star Movies originally but ended up changing to CSR.

minnie-mouse
09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks everyone! I decided to request the Casitas section too. We like taking a walk in the am to go eat breakfast, so I am excited to stroll thru the resort.

Tigerinvestigator
09-24-2012, 11:59 AM
It is my DW's favorite resort. I think it is the best of the moderates. The pool area, especially at night, is fantastic. The entire resort is beautiful especially at night. Food is good once you get used to the Pepper Market. Theming is awesome. Only complaint would be the long walk from the back of the resort to the main building. Get one of the areas between the main building and the main pool area and you will be fine! Enjoy your stay.:thumbsup:

j2k
09-29-2012, 12:04 PM
We stayed at CSR last month and really enjoyed it. It's a beautiful resort. We were in the Ranchos section, which is the furthest from the main building. There are 4 bus stops at CSR so requested a room near a bus stop and we were put in a ground floor room near bus stop #3, which was perfect. We were not on the dining plan so didn't have to go to the main building so often to refill our mugs, etc. We did eat at Pepper Market 2 evenings and the stroll there was lovely. We were also very near a quiet pool and laundry facility and also not too far from the main pool. I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Gator
10-02-2012, 03:27 PM
This is my favorite resort by far, and we'd be there this next trip if they had offered free dining there.

Our favorite section is the Rancho area. It's very quiet, but it's close to two bus stops and the main pool. Also, if you're on the DDP, Pepper Market is the best bargain on property.

You'll love it.