Joannelet
09-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Cast Members*
Me, Joanne
DH, Jason
DS, Caden age 3
DS, Hudson 8 months

Thursday, Sept 20th

Today we woke up, ate breakfast and Jay and I packed up and loaded the car. We were heading to AKL now to start the 2nd portion of our trip. We decided upon check out to eat lunch one more time there so outside we went to say goodbye to all the Cars. I filmed Caden saying goodbye to each one. He was so cute talking to them. ;)*
At lunch it took very long for our veggie and chicken burgers to be made. So Caden had time to dance with the performing servers. It is really cute. They all dance, even in the gift shop. They also yell things like "shark BAit!" and the rest respond wooga, wooga! Lol So Caden danced the Mater shuffle with them and then had to yell Shark Bait really loud. :) he loved it and I filmed.*
He is very interested in doing the souvenir penny machines this time so we made sure we had all the ones here before sitting. Our burgers were finally ready and we sat and ate.*
We had to go to the arcade to exchange Caden's Piston Cup trophy as it broke and he was upset about it. They exchanged it no problem. Played $1.00 worth of games and got 2 more little prizes and then we left the hotel for one last time. :(
We stopped at Walmart for some water and kiddie food and off to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Jason went to check in as both boys were sleeping so I stayed with them in the car. By the time Jay got out both of them were ready to go. In we went while Jay dealt with the luggage. The cast members had animal*skulls out in the back so Caden and I talked with them about them. Caden did pretty well in guessing which skull belonged to which animal. He got some stickers from DVC, saw the fire pit ( which he loves from last trip here) and then we went up to our 1 bedroom *villa in Jambo house.*
This is our 2nd time staying at AKL. That time was the first time that Caden started remembering our trips. We have video of our first reaction to our room here and of that trip. Caden watches it ALOT. He reenacted the entire DVD of our reaction....Daddy remember you like this floor Daddy!? Mommy this fan isn't on! (he was even talking like he did in the video at 2.5 years old. We were laughing so hard. It was adorable!*
We quickly got refreshed and headed for the Poly as we had dinner ressies at Kona. Caden found the penny machines there so we did those and had a wonderful *dinner at Kona. *We shared some sushi as an appetizer, chef came out to make a gluten free dinner for Caden, and i had coconut chicken and Jay had coffee rubbed pork chop. Both were AMAZING!*
Originally I had ressies for Ohana but I was only able to get 8:15pm and that was way too late for the boys to be sitting in a restaurant so I cancelled it 2 weeks before and made ressies for 5:05 at Kona. It worked out much better!*
Now for years I have been trying to see the electric water parade. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I was determined this time to stick around to see it. I asked our server what time it would pass the Poly. She didnt know for sure but she went to find out for me. She came back and told me that the fireworks at MK are at 9pm and that the water parade passes after the fireworks around 10 pm.*
We went sat outside, walked around to see the pool, watched the beginning of The Lion King being showed on the beach. It was fun as we never really explored this hotel before. We went inside checked out all the gift shops, bought some items and then sat in the lobby. Just as we started to hear fireworks we hear people yelling and running. We thought everyone was running to see the fireworks then realized everyone was running back into the lobby not out of it. It was then I realized it was pouring with lots of lightning and thunder once again! Ugh!*
I figured it had an hour before my water parade. So Caden and I are standing there watching the fireworks from the lobby downstairs amd suddenly I see electric dolphins dancing on the water! The parade went on at 9:00 pm with the fireworks because of the rain. Either that or I was told the wrong time but I didn't realize it and saw the end of it for a second from the lobby.*
After the fireworks I left a little disappointed. *Driving back at AKL we found out that it only rained at the Poly!!!! All the way back to the hotel the ground was completely dry and all cars pulling in and cars parked in our lot had *not one drop of rain on it! I am convinced the rain is trying to ruin me! Lol
Got to our room, changed and called it a night.

Next day: Epcot and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Zawadi
09-23-2012, 08:03 AM
It's fun watching videos of the kids at they see things for the first time. We don't have children but brought my niece over in 2003 & 2005. She's now 17 and still watches the 2005 video.

We were caught in that rain on Thursday night, at the Magic Kingdom, soaked to the skin. It was dry at the Yacht Club apart from the trail of drips that we left behind.

faline
09-23-2012, 10:41 AM
That's the funny things about those thundershowers at Disney World - it can be pouring in one location and totally dry in others. Sorry you missed the Electrical Water Pageant. Glad to hear you're settled into your new "home" and are onto part 2 of your trip.

January-2007
09-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks so much for reporting!

darthmacho
09-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Sorry the stupid rain messed up your plans at the Poly. We visited the Poly too, but ate at Ohana. We did watch the Water Parade, but on a different night from the Wilderness Lodge.

I can't wait to hear more about the AKL! I feel like staying there is my next WDW objective. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the report

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: