PDA

View Full Version : Question About ID Policies

DisneyDawgette
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
My boyfriend is 24 years old and his license has his birthdate listed as 1988, but around his picture it still has the "Under 21" writing in red. It's because he got his license when he was under 21 and it has not expired yet. so why pay the money to have it renewed? Here in GA, he has had a few places refuse to serve him alcohol because of the red lettering even though the birthday printed on the license puts him 3 years over the 21 year-old mark.

Has anyone had this happen in WDW? With the F&W Festival coming up, we'd like to know in advance if this is going to be a problem and he should pay to have it changed.

:thanks:

VWL Mom
09-22-2012, 08:25 PM
I would probably just pay and have it changed to avoid having a problem during your trip. Why take a chance.

Strmchsr
09-22-2012, 08:41 PM
:ditto: I would think they would probably look at the date and it wouldn't be a big deal, but if having alcohol is important to you during your trip, then it would be disappointing to arrive and be turned down because of something that could be fixed in advance. Your other option is for you to purchase everything and him not worry about it.

disneymom15
09-22-2012, 09:36 PM
My daughter still has her original license. She is now 22 and didn't have any problems using it. I think we've been to Disney 3 times since she turned 21.

Quadstriker
09-23-2012, 01:38 AM
They will go by the date, not the lettering stamp.

And take the word of this babyface 31yo, they are VERY strict on carding.

LudwigVonDrake
09-23-2012, 10:41 AM
I'd just pay the extra to get it changed :wave:

TinkerbellT421
09-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I had to take a S.T.O.P. training license class when working at a liquor store in order to serve alcohol. That was talked about. They taught us that it was our decision on whether we would accept that or not. Sometimes fake id's are made with that. So it's upto the servers discretion on whether they want to take the chance in accepting it or not. I would, like others suggested, just get a new one to avoid possible turn downs. It being up to the server discretion may leave you being denied several times. If its something your looking forward to , I would just pay the money and get a new one for no possible issues.

figgie
09-23-2012, 02:03 PM
The less hassle the better. I would just pay the money and get a new license, after all, you would have to get it done sometime in the future anyway. I always take the least worry avenue!:marg:Have a drink and relax...