PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe-remember this?

Simba's Mom
09-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Does anyone else remember a time when they didn't do any antics? We ate there twice in the first few months after the resort opened (1994) and I remember it just as a "regular" resturant. At breakfasttime, it was especially peaceful and pretty. Does anyone else remember way back when the resort first opened, or did we just have "duds" of servers both times we were there?

buzznwoodysmom
09-22-2012, 01:18 PM
I think on a trip around 2004 we had lunch there and there were no antics. I asked our waiter and he said that it was only done at breakfast and dinner. We've eaten lunch there since and they most definitely have the antics at lunch these days. Maybe it slowly made it's way to what it is now. We enjoy the antics, but I understand that some people prefer a quieter meal.

VWL Mom
09-22-2012, 03:31 PM
We ate breakfast and lunch there when they first opened and it was antic free. They did have the pony races but that was it, the kids were given ice cream coupons for Roaring Forks. If memory serves me correctly they started somewhere between our Nov 96 & 97 trip.

While many people love them we haven't been back to WCC since even though we stay at WL. Just not our cup of tea.