PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass and TiW

DisneyGlutton
09-22-2012, 02:34 AM
If I buy an annual pass (AP), it seems like I will get a voucher to redeem once I'm in WDW. But if I want to get the AP rate for a room, does that mean I have to redeem my voucher before I check-in, or is the voucher itself sufficient? Also, am I right to assume that the only way to get the Tables in Wonderland card is in person at guest services? Sorry for the stupid question.

Strmchsr
09-22-2012, 07:44 AM
For the AP room rate you have to present an activated AP. So, you'd have to go to guest services and activate the AP before checking-in. As for the TiW card you can order online or over the phone and it'll get to you in 3-4 weeks, but you also must have an activated AP to be able to do that. They ask for the number on the card after it's activated. So, it's generally just easier to do that at guest relations if you have the voucher.

DisneyGlutton
09-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Thank you for the info. I was afraid that I'd need the activated AP :( I'm not looking forward to taking the ME, taking the bus from Pop to DTD or a park, etc. Disney being Disney, I would've thought there'd be a better way, so it's a good thing I asked.

Btw, is there even much of a point of getting the voucher for the AP?

DizneyRox
09-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Avoid the ticket price increase... Policy is an active AP at check in. It's. It active until the timer starts ticking, which is when they define the start date at Guest Relations.

If they didn't, people could just present a voucher for a number of years, getting discounted rooms without the premium of actually getting an AP.

Yes, people do it, I know...

A number of people will chime in saying they were never asked for their AP, however there are also those that have. Is it worth losing the AP discount? Probably not...

Strmchsr
09-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Btw, is there even much of a point of getting the voucher for the AP?

As stated, just to avoid the ticket price increase, which usually happens in June.

One thing you may want to check into, and I don't know the answer to this at all, can you activate the AP voucher at the conceirge desk or does it have to be at guest relations?