09-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Me-Vince
DW-Cyndi
DD-Megan
DD Best Friend-Maddy
SIL-Cathy
SIL Fiancee - Ken
Nephew - Christopher

Our day started with EMH at Epcot to hit Soarin' and MS before it got busy and the kids wanted to go into Innoventions. We headed back to the room around 11am so the kids could get some more school work done and spend the afternoon swimming and pin trading. Our dinner plans were for pizza delivery from Sassagoula Pizza Express. (We ordered at 4pm and the delivery was there by 4:25.) While waiting for the pizza we surprised the kids with tickets for the MNSSHP. They were so excited, because leading up to this trip they kept asking if we were going and we had to keep telling little fibs, "No, the party is sold out." We headed out for the MNSSHP and made it to the MK by 6pm. Alot of non-party guests were already leaving so the wait times were only 5-10 minutes. We rode Buzz, Stitch's Great Escape, Space Mountain, and the kids rode Tomorrowland Motor Speedway before we made our way up to Mickey's Philarmagic. Right after the show a CM announced to the guests to follow him because they were going to give us a sneak peak of Maurice's Cottage in New Fantasyland. I do have to say that the scenery/landscape is absolutely beautiful. But now a little about "Maurice's Cottage." Once you make your way through the que and into the cottage you are held in a room for about 5-7 minutes. From there you will be taken to the "Workshop" and will be there for another 5-7 minutes. During this little pre-show is where you will see an amazing special effect with the "Magic Mirror" which is totaly awesome. (will not give details in case you want to experience it yourself) Once that pre-show is over you now walk into another 5-7 minute pre-show called the "Wardrobe Dept." In this part of the pre-show guests are asked to participate in the next portion of the attraction which is called the "Library" and are given what looks like cheap painted cardboard masks, etc. Then you will enter the "Library" for the final portion of the attraction which was about 7-10 minutes (still in testing stage). (Conclusion about this attraction: A total waste of time, except for the "Magic Mirror". If you go in to see the "Magic Mirror" I would suggest "Exit Stage Left" first chance you have. I really feel sorry for guests who will stand in line for god knows how long to see this only to be disappointed. COME ON DISNEY, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!. Probably spent millions between landscaping and construction to sit on a floor and watch a video screen, bring back the real Imagineers who could put the thrill and adventure into an attraction.) After loosing about 45-minutes with "Maurice's Cottage" we started trick or treating and hitting the attractions with walk-on to only 5-minute waits. The kids wanted to go on their own and do their own thing, and could cared less about watching "Happy HalloWishes" since they see me do firework displays on the weekends all summer. We had plans to meet up later in Frontierland for the 10:30 parade. SIL and Fiancee went on their own and DW and I went on the hunt for pins. We got the LE Halloween Pin set and LE Halloween Pins at the Jewelery Store on Main Street. From there we made our way through Adventureland hitting some attractions before ending up in Frontierland to get a spot for the Parade. Our group met up with us to watch the parade. Just love the Ride of The Headless Horseman. Once the parade was over we hit Splash and BTMR then made our way back through Tomorrowland trick or treating and heading for the exit.

taleasoldastime
09-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Sounds like an awesome day! Seems like a lot done without too much stress! Thats what it is all about.
Also good to see you get some good pin trading in. Its one of my favorite things about disney. Ive been doing it since i was 7! :mickey:

faline
09-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Sorry your were disappointed in your sneak peek of Maurice's cottage. I've seen something of the mirror already.

Glad you made it to the party!!

SBETigg
09-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Maurice's cottage might not be your cup of tea, but I know people who are positively thrilled over it. So maybe that one's just not for everyone. I know I'm not dying to see it, but I never do much in Fantasyland.

January-2007
09-23-2012, 09:57 AM
The party sounds great! Thanks for reporting.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Too bad about Maurices cottage, thanks for the report

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: