PDA

View Full Version : First week of April or last week of May?

iheartdisney
09-21-2012, 05:41 PM
If these were the only weeks you could go to WDW which would you choose: first week of April or last week of May?

The first week in April would include Easter (March 31st).

The last week of May includes Memorial Day (May 27th).

I want to go the sooner the better, but I think April/Easter would be more crowded. Right?

Please help! Any and all opinions welcome!

darthmacho
09-21-2012, 06:03 PM
I think both will be crowded, but I'd take my chances in May, I think. Good luck. :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-21-2012, 06:10 PM
I agree with Darth, I would avoid Easter at all costs.

taleasoldastime
09-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I would go in may also. Easter is nuts!

katieandrob
09-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I was told by my TA that Easter week is the busiest time of all at Disney. Last two weeks of May are also busy because of Star War weekends but nothing compared to what you will see during Easter. My vote goes to end of May.

AllDisney
09-26-2012, 06:08 PM
I think May would be less crowded. Easter can be crazy.

tjstrike
10-02-2012, 02:15 AM
We were there the last week of May this year and it wasn't bad at all. Actually pretty cool if you like star wars stuff. :yoda:

faline
10-02-2012, 07:19 AM
I've been over Memorial day before and found it to be quite manageable. I've never been Easter week but I understand it to be extremely crowded that week - similar to Christmas week. I'd go in May - moderate crowds are much easier to handle than wall to wall crowds!

Gator
10-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Hard choice. With a holiday happening for both, I'd go with another factor:weather. Gonna be pretty hot at the end of May, but April may still be reasonably cool. I'd go with April for that reason. Plus, Epcot has the Flower and Garden festival going on, and that's would be fun.

ftwildernesskid
10-05-2012, 02:32 PM
We were there for memorial day week last year and had a great vacation. It was very manageable. I would avoid Easter.

Aurora
10-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Another vote for last week of May. I would think that the day after Memorial Day you would see crowds plummet. We did, on a trip that we made over Labor Day weekend one year.

disneydeb
10-05-2012, 04:42 PM
The year we went over Memorial Day must have been the hottest most humid time I have ever been. It seemed even more miserable than July or August trips. I have never been the week of Easter, however.

Tink#64
10-08-2012, 01:32 AM
I voted for April, although I admit, We've never been in WDW around the Easter Holiday. But we have been there for the MD holiday & that was proabably the largest crowd we've ever experienced! When DS's were younger (now teens in HS) we always pulled them out of school, about mid May, for our trips to WDW - this was a great time to visit for crowds & weather! One year we arrived the Saturday before the MD Holiday weekend & it was noticeably more crowded & the crowds built all week, by the Friday of the Holiday weekend the place was very crowded! We have stayed at Pop since it opened & that was the only trip that I thought that Pop's food court was a mob scene & the very large Hippy Dippy pool was crowded - the only time we have experienced that in 6 stays there to date, including 2 June stays! I was so glad that we were scheduled to leave that weekend, although a bus driver told us that the current crowd was nothing compared to other busier times! :jaw: We even visited over our sping break in early April one subsequent trip, although it was after the Easter Holiday, and I was prepared for huge crowds, it was fantastic! Super manageable crowds & fantastic weather! Even our latest 2 trips, both June, were hot & crowded, but they still didn't seem to be as overwhelming as that holiday weekend. :shrug:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Anything but Easter! Late May will be more crowded than earlier in the month, but no where near as bad as summer or Easter.