PDA

View Full Version : One more ressie: Cape May or Wave

Mr. Smee
09-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Need one more reservation, Dinner end of first full day on property. Planning on chilling, relaxing and getting set for a long week at the parks starting early the next morning. DW and DD (15) and I need one more place to eat. Thoughts on each? I am leaning towards the Wave, as we will be done a little before MK Fireworks, and then roll back to CBeach. Thoughts?

lovin'fl
09-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Cape May is good. And the Boardwalk is a neat area to chill out at. We have not done the Wave and I didn't think we would (I thought I remembered not liking the menu), but I looked at the menu last night and was considering doing it during our Jan trip in place of Cape May actually (Cape May is pricey and we're paying OOP).

Itchy
09-21-2012, 12:50 PM
We have never eaten at Cape May. I regard to the Wave it is one of our favorites.

When we were talking to the chef on our trip in early Sept he said that they were getting ready to change the menu as they change it up periodically.

We have never had a bad meal and the service has always been good.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
It's hard for me to pick either one of these.

We have had two very enjoyable meals at Cape May. Both of those meals were for Thanksgiving dinner and we had a large party (extended family) and that may have added to the overall positive experience. Then last Dec. we had dinner there and I was very disappointed. I didn't remember the cost being so high on the other trips, and I just didn't think it was at all worth the price tag.

This Aug. we tried the Wave for the first time. I'd heard mostly bad reviews, but we were looking for a location that we could just "walk up" since we didn't have any ressies for that night. I always say if a place is empty there must be a reason. This place didn't appear to be even half full, and we were seated immediately without a reservation, at 8pm. While it was no where near as horrible as some of the reviews I've read, I can't say that we'd ever return. There was just nothing special about it, nothing to make me want to return.

I guess for food I'd go with Cape May, even though I think it's highly overpriced. But honestly, what isn't overpriced in WDW anyway????

We always have our first night meal at Ohana's folllowed by Wishes from the Poly beach. Not sure if Ohana's would still be available for your trip, or if you have it booked for another date during your trip, but that would be my pick for first night.

bruin1344
09-21-2012, 09:35 PM
never been to Wave but I love Cape May. My favorite Buffet in Disney.

Lindsey310
09-22-2012, 09:04 AM
I haven't tried the wave yet (but would love to) but we do love cape may cafe. Great choice:thumbsup:

Have a magical time :pixie:

MNNHFLTX
09-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Count me in as one of the people that thinks Cape May is over-priced and the quality of food is just okay. The ambience is nice though. I'v also dined at The Wave for breakfast and lunch and found the food very good. The one negative about The Wave (for some, anyway) is the lack of theming. It has a very neutral, modern look to it, I think to compliment the "innovative" menu, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.