PDA

View Full Version : Last min shoe issue!

Wolf
09-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Sooo I recently bought some Merrils because I'd always heard they are amazing, I got the um...barefootish ones? Because I live in my Vibrams and they have the same bottoms which is super grippy to me. I wore them to a big Scifi convention to break them in and they killed my feet, they made my ankles hurt which is weird because I'm never in shoes that touch/support my ankles. So my new quandry is I'm gona for sure take my Vibrams but I need a alt pair, I have some old tennis shoes I've took before and they worked well enough and I've also got some of the canvas topped crocs with Mickey on them. I like those alot but can't figure out what I should do. Has anyone done the parks in the canvas top crocs?

Disney Hungarian
09-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Everyone has different footwear needs. I have found through trial and ERROR, that I am most comfortable wearing running shoes at the parks. I walk fast and they tend to be more flexible while still providing enough cushioning to prevent my knees from swelling up like grapefruits.:thumbsup:

faline
09-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Even among any brand, there are many different shoe options. I have some Merrils which I love. However, I personally would not bring any shoes with me to Disney that I know make me uncomfortable. I'd definitely go with what you know will be easy for you to walk in while there and not cause you any pain.

AlwaysDisney
09-21-2012, 12:35 PM
We took a 17 yo friend of my DD to Disney last Sept and she wore comfortable shoes, but still got blisters. So we bought her a pair of the canvas crocs and she had no more problems for the rest of the trip! According to her they were so very comfortable. Good luck!!
:cloud9:

Wolf
09-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Fantastic, I'm strongly considering taking these, it would give me more packing space if I didnt have to bring socks lol

figgie
09-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Please, only bring shoes that you know are super comfy! WDW is not the place to "break-in" a new pair of shoes, the blisters just aren't worth it! Sore feet can make a trip miserable...

DizneyRox
09-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I bring my most beat up shoe wear when I go on vacation. I mean the ones that you are going to throw away. And then I leave them there to make room for anything I might have bought.

Never bring anything we on vacation...

Wolf
09-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Alright yall I wanted to do a follow up with you guys cause I'm so grateful for all the advice! I wore the canvas topped crocs to work Friday and on all my errands that night, then Saturday I did the same thing with my ugly old 'Roo tennis shoes, they were the tremendous winner! theyh are going to be worn down and I've got my Vibrams packed already, I am feeling good about my choices! Thanks again yall!! <3