Joannelet
09-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Cast Members:
Me, Joanne
DH, Jason
DS, Caden age 3
DS, Hudson, age 8 months

Wed Sept, 19th

Woke up, showered, ate breakfast and went over to MK around 9am. The weather was very humid but skies were blue for the time being but we were armed with rain gear as thunderstorms were predicted for afternoon. MK was very light on this day which was great.
We immediately went onto the train to Fantasyland. As soon as we pulled into the Fantasyland station, Hudson fell asleep in my arms. So in the stroller he went and Caden and I headed for Dumbo. This new area is so nice. Love the ground markings here of the animal prints and bare foot prints.*
The new Dumbo's are every parents dream! No more waiting with the sun beating down on you or very long in the heat at all. Very nice touch Disney!*
My son and I walked right on. No wait.*
Then we went to see if he was tall enough to ride Goofy's coaster and he was cleared! Jay wanted to take him on this one so off they went. Caden loved it and asked me to go on with him so on we went. Again no wait!*
When we got off Hudson was up again so off we went to ride Dumbo but Caden begged us to let him play in the play area. Good thing they eventually do page you to ride the ride even if there is no wait for the ride because Caden would've spent hours in there!*
Hudson finally got to ride Dumbo. He didn't like it very much my hubby said because he couldn't see anything. They wont let you sit babies on your lap ( which is a little silly) but i remember the same thing when I took Caden there at the same age. *I don't remember if he liked it either back then but now it is one of his favs.*
Caden requested ( more of 'demanded') that we go on IASW again. I think Hudson enjoyed it even more the 2nd time. :) very cute! I think it is both of their favs. *(no wait again)*
Then off to Columbia Harbour House again for lunch. I had fish and chicken tenders. My hubby had tuna on multigrain toast and cous cous. Both were enjoyed. I am sad though that they no longer sell the bread soup bowls :(. Those were one of my favorites. I don' t even know when they stopped doing this but I am assuming a while now. :( i usually go when it is hot out so soup is usually the last thing I order but I was looking for it this time around and sad it is no longer on the menu.*
After lunch we headed to Tomorrowland. Hudson needed to be changed and bottle so I did that while Jay and Caden went on the Speedway. 20 minute wait. Caden was able to drive. He loved every minute of it.*
We were headed to the carousel of progress so they could cool off after being in the sun the whole time but as soon as we walked over Hudson was out again. So I saw that Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin had no wait so He and I ran over there and rode it. *For sone reason he is always unsure of this ride but then ends up loving it. At the end he wanted to take his pic with Zurg in the gift shop so we ran back out to get the camera and back in we went to take the pic. Then he begged me to go on again. I told him if there was still no wait we would go. We looked at the line, it is out the door! I was like sorry kiddo but the line is too long now. Amazing how fast it builds up!*
Suddenly I saw Buzz Lightyear come out and take his post by the exit area so off Caden and I ran. :) he got to meet Buzz which he already did when he was a year old but of course he has no recollection of that. He was so happy to infinity and beyond! Then suddenly we heard thunder and BANG!!!!! Within seconds it came down like you wouldn't believe!!!! We had zero time to put anything on. So we scrambled putting the cover over the stroller and kids, poncho for my hubby and umbrella opened for me. Only thing is it was such a bad and strong WINDY storm that my umbrella almost broke a million times. Everyone CLEARED the streets. Everyone except my panic stricken husband who has this fear of being stuck in a park. He insisted on getting to the bus stop. So embarrassing following him run through the worst storm I have ever seen. Everyone just watched him. Ugh. I cringe thinking about it now because he was soooo soaked, the boys (especially Caden was so upset that he couldn't see me or him, and there was no reason why he couldnt just wait it out like the thousands of others were doing.*
I eventually got him to go into the bakery and just wait till it slowed. Eventually it did and then we finished our trek to the bus stop. A few minutes later it stopped. When the bus got there it started again and the thunder was so loud everyone exclaimed Woooow on the bus.*
Arrived at the hotel soaked and back to our room to change. We decided to get ready to go into the pool. By the time we got there the storm was over. Caden and I did a craft with the cast members at the pool and then we all went in the Nemo pool. The pool is really cool and the music under the water is a really neat feature. Caden also loved playing in the water play area. It was a fun afternoon.*
By dinner time I had a bad migraine. I needed my starbucks. So after we all ate dinner at the hotel, we went to find a starbucks. It was by Celebration which we always wanted to see so we drove through looking at all the houses. It is so pretty there. Glad we saw it.*
Then went back to AOA but my headache was so bad I laid right *down and was out like a light.*

Next day: Saying Goodbye to Lightning McQueen (AOA) *and hello to animals *at AKL

January-2007
09-21-2012, 01:13 AM
What a fun, if not wet, day! Thank you for sharing it with us!

yjgirl32
09-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Very nice report.

faline
09-21-2012, 09:50 AM
That must have been some storm!! Not a great ending to your day but parts of it were really fun!

SBETigg
09-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Wow, no waits for so many things, which is fantastic when you're with little ones. Too bad about the rain. Sounds like a really fun day, though.

darthmacho
09-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the report. Sorry that rain drove you from the MK again, but at least you had a nice resort to return to once you left the park. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I hope sunnier days are ahead

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: :rain: