PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's Magical Adventure 2012 Part 6

Zawadi
09-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Wednesday Sep 20

After yesterday's busy thrill ride based antics, today started with a lie in until a 07:45 phone call from my parents. We had surprised them with a bouquet of flowers for their 53rd wedding anniversary. After the call we lazed around and completed Part 5 of the journal, whilst watching The Lion King on TV.

We finally made it to the Animal Kingdom by 11:00, and had brunch in Pizzafari. The Hot Italian sandwich is well recommended. It was then on to Finding Nemo, obtaining an Everest Fastpass on route. I don't think that the Finding Nemo show gets enough credit. IMO it's the best staged show in WDW but I'm a fan of the mechanical puppetering which is also used in the Lion King Musical.

After the show we cashed in our Everest Fastpasses then went in to the Maharajah Jungle Trek. This is we're I'm grateful for digital photography otherwise the SLR would have consumed more than reel of film. Over 50 shots were taken.

As we walked towards Africa, Flights of Wonder was about to start so we watched it again. More fantastics shots of birds in flight were obtained.

As we explored the park, I commented to DW, about things that I'd overheard...

"There's no big rides here." (what's Everest?)
"We'll be done by 2:30" (that was at 1:30)
"There's nothing here!" (well open your eyes and see not just look)

I can see why some people who like big attractions and don't have a hopper option don't like Animal Kingdom. Today, we did one ride and one show the explored the place in 4.5 hours. We only left to sort somethings out prior to an 18:00 ADR at Crystal Palace. If we were all the same then life would be boring!

We arrived at the Crystal Palace at 17:45 and were seated within 10 minutes. The salads and deserts were lovely but the meats and salmon were dry. Tigger was his usual flamboyant self and we've got some nice photos.

After diner we did Buzz twice. The second one was a rematch after DW thrashed me 850000 to 650000. We then looked at the work done in the old Toontown area and reminisced about the demolished houses. We continued around the back of the castle and were surprised as to the amount of open space now Dumbo had been moved. We finally found a spot in Liberty Square to watch the Electric Parade.

After the parade, there were so many people around that we ducked into PhilharMagic. To emerge just before Wishes started at 21:00. Then it started to spit, rain, pour, deluge. We were trying to get out of the park from Adventureland. From Crystal Palace and along Main Street there was chaos some trying to watch Wishes whilst everyone else was trying to get out. By the time we got to the bus station we did not have a dry item of clothing between us. As we boarded the bus I asked the driver to turn down the air con before we froze. He looked at us and smiled. DW was particularly put out because it was the first time in 2 days that she had taken time to straighten her hair.

Back in our room, time to dry off and hang out the "laundry" and try to dry our footware out before the Wild Africa Trek at 08:45 tomorrow morning.

Joannelet
09-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Ugh the rain! I know how your wife feels!!!
Cannot wait to hear about your safari jungle trek!!!!

faline
09-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Pizzafarri's hot Italian sandwich is very yummy!

What a wet ending to your day!! It was a very lovely day up until the point that you got caught in the rain!! Hope the bus driver did lower the air conditioning for you - those busses can be downright cold!!

January-2007
09-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks for reporting.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Too bad about the rain, thanks for the reports

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: