PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Tickets? 5-Day Maximum??

Elias1901
09-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Hello all,

I am viewing the Disneyland website and it seems that the highest ticket range one person can buy is a 5-Day Park Hopper pass. We were looking into a 6-Day pass but didn't see an option to select it. Is there any way to avoid this? Maybe to call? I would prefer an E-Ticket, but I suppose mailing them wouldn't be bad, considering we don't go for many months down the road. But, at the same time, I believe they charge when mailing tickets.

Thanks for your input!!

tinkwest
09-20-2012, 10:21 PM
When ticket prices went up in May the 6-Day Park Hopper option disappeared. 5-Day is now the max, other than annual passes.

Elias1901
09-21-2012, 05:32 AM
When ticket prices went up in May the 6-Day Park Hopper option disappeared. 5-Day is now the max, other than annual passes.

And I suppose if you wanted a 6-Day, you'd have to buy a full 1-Day pass at full-price? Rendering the idea of buying 1 more day not cost effective... :ack:

BrerGnat
09-21-2012, 08:50 AM
And I suppose if you wanted a 6-Day, you'd have to buy a full 1-Day pass at full-price? Rendering the idea of buying 1 more day not cost effective... :ack:

Yep. Bad move on Disneyland's part. I really don't understand the rationale behind this change. :confused:

Elias1901
09-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Yep. Bad move on Disneyland's part. I really don't understand the rationale behind this change. :confused:

$$$

bruin1344
09-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Probably because 5 days in 1 week is beyond plenty for a DL trip

BrerGnat
09-22-2012, 08:42 AM

Disagree.

I lived 15 minutes away from DL for 7 years, went to the parks at least once every 2 weeks over that time period.

I still haven't done everything there.

Melanie
09-22-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm disappointed about this change as well. Was looking for a 6 day ticket for our trip in January. Still not sure what route I'm going to take.

Mary Chase
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
I agree - I was disappointed with this as well. We're making our first trip out to DLR this year and we always make our Disney trips a full week (especially traveling all the way to CA this year - we need to take at least a week to justify the 4+ hour flight!). I'd spend every day of our vacation at the parks if I could - but we'll have an extra day now that I'm not sure what we will do with. I'm sure we'll find something - but I'd rather be in the parks every day.

Elias1901
09-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Ah well, I guess nothing is perfect. Not even the happiest place on earth... or at least the people who call the shots around there. :-o

BrerGnat
09-23-2012, 08:43 AM
It used to make sense that they stopped the tickets at a certain number of days because at the time, the cost ended up being equal to the Deluxe Annual Pass.

Now that the AP prices are so much higher, that logic doesn't apply anymore, but it's like someone didn't get that memo.

They need to address this problem or they are going to lose out on a lot of potential in park spending if people have to find something else to do for 1 or 2 days of their vacations.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-23-2012, 10:25 AM
So why not take a day and check the competition. You've got Knott's, Universal and Sea World within driving distance.

Elias1901
09-23-2012, 02:18 PM
So why not take a day and check the competition. You've got Knott's, Universal and Sea World within driving distance.

Well, they're pretty much giving you no other choice, unless you plop down the extra full price of one day more.

MNDisney Dad
10-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Depending on when you are going, you could go to the Halloween party. Admission starts at 4PM and I think the party goes until midnight. Cost I think is in the $60 range. It will limit you to DL, but a little more cost effective than buying a 1-day hopper. This, of course, if your set on going exclusively to DL and not another area attraction. The dates for the party are limited, but we have gone before and had a wonderful time.

MNDisney Dad
10-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Just checked and the only days still available for the Halloween party are Oct. 29 and 31. Another option could be to do a one park one day ticket for $87. Still expensive, but better than $120+ for one day hopper.

Gator
10-26-2012, 05:47 PM

I have to agree with you on this. I love Disneyland, but we get 3 day passes. That means 2 days in Disneyland. Usually by the end of my second day in the MK, I've had enough. With a 5 day pass, that's 3 at MK and 2 at DCA. Can't imagine spending more time than that. But that's just me.

teamblackwell
11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
5 days in a row is plenty at DLR.
Plus, I would imagine that the majority of 6 day ticket sales went to ticket renters and not vacationing families.