PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club- club level question

CMCTxMom
09-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Planning a big family trip for June - my dad wants all of our respective families to stay at the Beach Club, Club level (yes, Dad's paying!). My question: with all of the included food/snacks at Club Level there, will they supply comparable options for my then 5 year-old son with multiple food allergies, if I make sure they know ahead of time when we'll be there?

We're going in January, too, and have a Villa so we can get groceries delivered (rented DVC), but if they'll take care of getting the right things Club Level... that just might work, too. Not sure I trust the mini-fridges to keep things adequately cold... Soy milk gets WAY disgusting WAY fast!

Thanks all!
:mickey:

BrerGnat
09-20-2012, 04:27 PM
It depends. They can get you stuff that is readily available at the resort. I know they sell soy milk at the Marketplace, so they can probably get some for you to keep in the fridge. Otherwise, they *might* be able to get you "safe" versions of some of the stuff they serve in the lounge, but they will not be able to stock you up with all the snack foods your child can eat (for example), and they can only do so much in terms of having appropriate foods for your child in the lounge. Soy milk would be a reasonable request. A box of your child's favorite allergen free cookie would not be.

If your child eats very specific brands of food and pre packaged snacks, cereals, etc. you should probably go ahead and order groceries to keep in room.

We have never had a problem with the refrigerators working well. If you get one that isn't cold enough, a quick call to maintenance will get you a new one.

brownie
09-21-2012, 11:01 AM
If your child eats very specific brands of food and pre packaged snacks, cereals, etc. you should probably go ahead and order groceries to keep in room.

If you go this route, be sure to check out INTERCOT sponsor Strollers and Groceries (http://www.strollersandgroceries.com/).