PDA

View Full Version : Chase Lounge at Epcot

Dyanna
09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Has anyone been to this lounge for Disney Visa cardholders only during the F & W Festival? Its located on the 2nd floor of the F & W Festival building. What was it like & what info or freebies are avail to the cardholders?

vicster
09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Good question - never heard of it but sure would like to know about it.

Simba's Mom
09-20-2012, 04:30 PM
I think that this is the first year it's being offered. I say I think because I've got a Disney ViISA card, yet I never heard of this before this year. And I heard about it from these boards-I don't remember receiving anything about it from Chase.

Kenny1113
09-20-2012, 04:34 PM
I just recieved an email from Disney Chase about it. But I heard about it here in intercot first!!!
:rocks:

BugeyedMuggy
09-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Sounds cool. We will be in Epcot on the 30th and have to check this out. Last year they were supposed to have an internet lounge at the Odyssey but that never happened in the end. It's always nice to have a place to relax and cool down.

Imagineer1981
09-22-2012, 03:43 AM
oh great...we will definitely check this out and keep everyone posted. We leave on 9/26

Simba's Mom
09-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Yes, please do let us know how it is!

DNS
09-22-2012, 12:37 PM
What is the Food and Wine Festival building? DH got an email about this also, but was unable to open it. :(

Dr. Disney
09-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I wonder if Chase Disney Debit is included, too??

jnfr2424
09-22-2012, 06:38 PM
As a Disney’s Visa® Cardmember, you’ll receive access to the Chase Lounge during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase. The Festival runs from September 28 to November 12, 2012.

This private location gives you and your Guests a chance to
rest and relax and enjoy a refreshing beverage during the Festival. Be sure to visit the Lounge to find out about special benefits you can receive throughout the Festival.

See the World Showcase transform into a food-lover’s paradise, with over 25 regional marketplaces, offering a sumptuous selection of ethnic and regional dishes. Explore the cuisine, culture and entertainment from more than two-dozen countries and six continents. You may also experience culinary demonstrations, nightly musical performances and so much more.

1. By entering and using the Chase Lounge, attendees agree to abide by all rules of the Chase Lounge and to conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Failure to do so may lead to expulsion from the Chase Lounge. Participants agree to release and hold harmless the officers, directors, employees, agents, and assigns of Walt Disney World® Resort, Chase Bank USA, N.A. and their respective successors, and affiliates, from any and all liability or damage of any kind resulting from or arising from the use or misuse of the Chase Lounge. Cardmembers can visit the Chase Lounge from 9 am-7 pm during the Festival to enjoy the complimentary amenities as long as capacity allows. Separate Theme Park admission required. Each Cardmember may only bring 9 guests into the Chase Lounge.

jnfr2424
09-22-2012, 06:38 PM
I wonder if Chase Disney Debit is included, too??

You are included I called and inquired about both cards

Dr. Disney
09-22-2012, 06:44 PM
You are included I called and inquired about both cards

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

mook3y
09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
I was curious about this too. We will be there next week, probably hit Epcot on Thursday - will try and get pic's loaded up by Saturday.

BugeyedMuggy
09-23-2012, 06:41 AM
What is the Food and Wine Festival building? DH got an email about this also, but was unable to open it. :(

The old Wonders of Life Pavillion located farthest left when you enter the park in Future World. It is right near Ellens Energy Adventure. It's where all the low cost seminars and festival wines are located.

BugeyedMuggy
10-01-2012, 07:38 AM
We went to the Chase Lounge yesterday. They have hot and cold beverages, free wifi, candies and wristbands for preferred seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts and Illuminations. They say to get there early for the wristbands because they are limited. There are also couches to relax on.

magicofdisney
10-01-2012, 09:14 AM
We were there on Friday (opening day) and they were NOT ready for primetime. We came in around 2pm and the drink machines were empty. The room was warm. It was overcrowded for the seating that was available. It was as if they were not expecting the Chase cardmember to actually show up for the offerings. They did have plenty of candy but I wanted to get something to drink and relax a bit. Neither was available. They have room for improvement and I think they'll be able to work out the kinks. I'll know for sure when I go back in a few weeks.

AgentC
10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I went by twice on Friday and once on Saturday. I checked some old pictures I had and the Chase Lounge is definitely the old MetLife Lounge.

The room is small which makes sense because there normally were not a lot of Met employees there at the same time. However since it is open to anyone with a Chase card plus additional people they bring it, it gets crowded fast.

Both times I went on Friday, it was moderately crowded with few seats available. Not surprisingly people were lining up for the free soda. The charging station was very cool and was available both times I went.

I checked it again on Sat in the afternoon. It was at capacity and they could not let people until until people came out.

I think the word has spread about the lounge and I would expect it to be quite busy on the weekends.

magicofdisney
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I checked it again on Sat in the afternoon. It was at capacity and they could not let people until until people came out.

See, they're already smarter. :) This is what they should have done on Friday. Instead, the room was wall to wall crowded with people waiting for others to leave.

I also thought the charging station was a nice touch. :thumbsup:

figgie
10-02-2012, 05:39 PM
We were there yesterday a couple of times. There is a new Giradelli chocolate shop in the back of the building and you go through it to get to the lounge. It was pretty crowded everytime we were there. Someone is at the door checking your cards.

There are two seating areas with seating only for 4 or 6 on white chairs and a couch in one area. Cartoons play on a TV in the area with the couch and kids were on the floor watching. There is a large round table by the entrance with Ipads you can access and a charging station for phones and portable devices. This has 6 stools around it. There is also a large interactive screen with the days schedules on it against the far wall that was well used.

The beverage station was well stocked everytime we were there and there was coffee, tea, soda and lemonade. Baskets of Werthers candies were placed around the area and I watched as they were restocked often.

People were told all day about the wristbands they hand out in the morning for prefered seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts and Illuminations show. They only have so many each day, so when they are gone, that's it for the day. Get there early!

It is not a large area and seating was not enough for the people there. Alot of people were sacked out on the floor and at times it was hard to get around. There are also private bathrooms in the area which were very nice and clean. A good perk.

All in all, we were happy to use the lounge and there were times when we were there that it was not too crowded. There seemed to be a constant eb and flow, people didn't appear to stay too long except some at the electronics table.:thumbsup: