PDA

View Full Version : 2 night quick trip

Disney Hungarian
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
I will try to keep this short (and fail) since it was a 2 night unplanned trip.
My brother was going to be at WDW for one day with his sons on Monday. On Saturday, I woke up and decided I wanted to take mom to see her grand kids at WDW. I text my brother and asked if it would be OK if I brought mom down to see them. He loved the idea. I then called WDW and booked a room for Sunday night expecting to just drive down, check-in that afternoon, see them at MK and drive back the next morning. After I get a confirmation number and I know that we are going. I call my brother and ask him and the kids to surprise mom with the good news. The look on her face was PRICELESS. She was so excited she was trying to pack her own suitcase. I get up early on Sunday and get her ready for the trip and we are on the road at 5am. While driving to WDW I get a text at 6am that he was going to stay another night since we were coming down.
We arrive a little after 4pm and while checking in, I added Monday night to my stay. I get mom to the room and we rest and get freshened up to go to MK. We meet them and visit for a little while. They hadn’t eaten and were hungry so we ate dinner with them. It was nice to just sit and visit. Well, nice for the adults. The kids were ready to take grandma on some rides. We did the HM and then over to mom’s favorite ride, IaSW. We rode in the wheelchair boat and there was no one waiting for that boat after our ride so they let us go round again. Mom was delighted. After our second trip around the (much longer than you would think) Small World, it was an almost unanimous (mom was out voted) decision to get off the boat. Mom and I excused ourselves so that they may enjoy their family time and headed back to the resort.
Monday we take it easy and get to the park a little late in the morning and meet them again at the MK. It was lunch time and we ate with them again. Mom asked to do the JC with them and we headed that way. When we get there the accessible line was all the way out onto the sidewalk in the Sunlight. We knew mom couldn’t handle the sun and the kids couldn’t handle the hour plus wait. So, we once again hugged and let them enjoy their day. Mom and I went to the Emporium where she just had to get a souvenir for my ex-wife…too funny. Mom still invites my ex to go to WDW with us. Awkward. We hop on the ferry and then a bus to HS. We just miss the 1:30 showing of Mulch Sweat and Shears and the next show is at 4, so mom asks to go on TSMM. She gets a new personal best score of 115,000. She was so happy. We leave there and just wander around talking. She was so happy and very lucid and talkative. We finally end up on New York street and she started bouncing like a little school girl when she figures out I am buying her a cream cheese stuffed pretzel. I take her to the end of the street in front of LMA to wait for MSaS to come in the back gate. She likes to wave at them coming in the park and follow them up the road. It was here while waiting that she recognized the CM Andy. He danced with her back in May. He recognized her too. They chatted, then his manager came out and she recognized mom too. It is at this point that I should comment on all of the CM’s we encountered on this day. AWESOME! All were amazing. Not a grumpy guss amongst them. Anyways, MSaS did come in and they recognized mom. We follow them up and watch the show. She wants to just hang around for the next show at 5pm so we go back down street to wait for them to come in again. Then all of these characters come by and are waving and interacting with mom. She is once again giggling like a school girl. A little while later they came back through and I get my phone out and started taking pictures. Mom LOVED it. Complete strangers started snapping pictures of her (kinda creepy) it was a spectacle to behold. We watch the 5pm MSaS show. Then it is back to TSMM. Then it is dinner time. We linger over dinner just talking. She was so talkative. She was telling me all about the characters coming up to her. It was cute to hear her tell it. The 9pm showing of MSaS was starting and we got there just as the show was starting. I was able to get mom to the front on the side so she could see. Morris (one of the lead singers) chatted with her after the show. Mom then talked him into trading hats. I could tell that he did not want to do this, so I helped him out and talked her into trading hats back. He asked her to come to the 10:15pm show. So much for getting back to the resort early. I wanted to rest up for the drive home. While we wait for that show mom hears music from the Playhouse. She wants to go in. We had never been in there before. She loved it! The interaction in there is fun to watch. She danced with Mickey and Minnie and others that I had no clue who they were. Mom had me push her in a Conga line, she was having a blast! We leave there in time to catch the start of the MSaS show again. After the show mom wants to hang around. She wanted to get a picture. They did a few pictures and announced they had to go. The manager came up and said they had to do one more photo op. She then came over and asked mom if she wanted to get a picture with them. I quickly snapped a shot of mom with the band. They started fussing about me not being in the photo. A CM ran over and grabbed my phone and took a picture of us. That was nice. I rarely get in any photos with mom. This is the photo: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8317/8001738305_0f604557d7_z.jpg (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8317/8001738305_0f604557d7_z.jpg)
We get up early the next day and meet up with my brother and kids again before we all drive home.
Mom said, “This was the best trip to WDW she ever had.” I guess that is why I take her every chance I get. Every trip is the best ever!

cajundisneyfreak
09-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Nice trip report.Glad your mom had fun at the Playhouse.I bet you're happy I suggested it.On your next trip you have to take her to see The Beauty & the Beast Show.:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-19-2012, 05:41 PM
What a great report...such a special time
at WDW for your family!

MizMissy
09-19-2012, 05:52 PM
A great trip and a great picture to prove it!

I hope you make it back soon.

faline
09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
What a terrific picture!! It was so nice your mom was able to share Disney World with her grandchildren - even in a limited way. I'm sure they will have wonderful memories of this trip!

Donald
09-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Awesome! Your mother looked so happy! :mickey:

January-2007
09-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Very very cool. How great is that to be able to just drive down there, meet up with more family, and make your mom some amazing memories. Thank you so much for sharing!