PDA

View Full Version : Spa's

Brer_Fox
09-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Okie, I am a squid when it comes to knowing about Spa's and Spa treatments. So I am banking that the Intercot family can help me out.

As I have posted on a different occassion that I am trying to do something specail for my wife when we visit Disney in 40 days.:thumbsup:

They other day without telling her anything about my plans she said something about a spa treatment/massage would be nice some time.

With that, if I decided to go with a Spa treatment what one should I pick. Sarasota Springs has many options and I couldn't tell you the difference between any of them.

Can someone please help point me in a direction?

SBETigg
09-19-2012, 03:32 PM
I've had mani-pedis, swedish massage, a hot stone massage, and a facial-- all fantastic but the facial was actually my favorite with the Swedish massage a close second. The facial involved shoulder, neck, scalp and leg massages, too, which surprised me. I had this vision that they would just steam clean my face and tell me what products I should be using, but it was way more involved and so relaxing.

You could do a package that involves more than one treatment, but she will feel pampered and relaxed with even just one treatment of something. If you do go with a massage, they sometimes offer a neck, shoulder add on that is well worth the extra. I'm not sure of the menu at Saratoga Springs, but I think they're all similar as far as what they offer. You might enjoy going with her, too. A lot of men miss out, but they offer a men's facial that is wonderful, too. And the massages, bliss! Everything is more fun when you have someone to enjoy it with-- go for it!

ledudes
09-19-2012, 03:40 PM
They are currently running a special at the Dolphin where you get a hand massage, back massage, and foot massage for $125.00 (I believe...or something like that.) My aunt and mother are doing it on our upcoming trip. You could look into that so she could have a variety to see what she likes.

Tigerinvestigator
09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
My DW and DD15 did the spa at the Dolphin back in July and it was a highlight of their trip. They got pedicures and manicures and some type of hot rock treatment. Also had massage at Grand Floridian and they loved it. She liked Mandara Spa at the Dolphin a little better but said both were fantastic.

BugeyedMuggy
09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Can only give an opinion between the GF and the Dolphin and would highly recommend the Dolphin.

figgie
09-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Is the spa at the GF open? I know it has been clossed for refurbishment so I'd check on that. I love the massages, especially the deep tisue one. My shoulder still feels fabulous since my last one!

faline
09-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Is the spa at the GF open?

It's scheduled to remain closed through December 5th of this year.

disneykidsince1970
09-21-2012, 10:18 AM
I am a bit of a spa junkie!! And.. I've given lots of spa gift certificates too. I would suggest that you let her decide.

Do the "surprise" a few weeks early and give her the spa menu to let her choose. Depending on budget, I would prioritize:

1 - massage for sure (if she is nervous about - some people are - foot /legs are a great introduction)
2 - Facial
3 - Body treatment
4 - Mani/Pedi (you can get these anywhere!)

Don't wait too long b/c not all therapists do all treatments and, if she prefers a woman over a man, etc., she'll want to put those preferences in as early as possible.

Also - plan enough time for her to enjoy the common areas. There is usually a nice shower, a sauna, hot tub, relaxing area with nice fruit and tea, etc. I try to show up an hour before the treatment to relax and enjoy all the surroundings! and afterwards, if I can, I like to sit for 20 - 30 min before getting dressed, etc. read a magazine, have some tea, etc. as Faline said, GF is closed and I haven't been to Saratoga or Dolphin so when you call, ask them about this common area... It makes a big difference in the overall experience imho. :)

What a sweet gesture! I'm sure she'll love it!