PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Fest Favs!

Wolf
09-19-2012, 09:37 AM
9 days here! We will be there for the kickoff of F&WF and while we have done the Fest in the past we never get bored with it, I wondered what are some of yalls favs to graze on while wandering, anything from :marg: to snacks, I'm all ears :mickey:

SBETigg
09-19-2012, 10:53 AM
France! I love the escargot bites (really cute little canapes) and the coq au vin with mac n cheese is to die for. Doesn't sound like a combination, but it really works. France was my favorite, but so many are really good.

I was with my husband last time, who doesn't like seafood, and we share samples. This time, I'm going solo and I'm planning to hit all the shellfish I missed last time. I did manage to get a shrimp taco in Mexico and the Fisherman's pie in Ireland-- both really good.

eam
09-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Lamb chops! It's my #1 must do. Enjoy!

Mitzie
09-20-2012, 11:45 AM
We will be there in 35 days and they can't come fast enough! Favs ohhh so many. I liked the pulled pork slider from Hawaii last year and I never miss the choc. cake from Ireland. DH likes the lobster items and lamb chop..I could go on and on and on...

Simba's Mom
09-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Love the milk chocolate creme brulee from France, a pumpkin mouse with crunchy topping (not too sure whatall this is exactly called), and Polish pierrogi

Dsnygirl
09-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Oh boy... :eat: ... love the pierogies in Poland, Fisherman's Stew in Ireland (as well as their molten lava chocolate dessert... :tasty:), the sushi in Japan (almost always have seconds) and the Greek cheese thingy :blush: in Greece. Can't think of the rest w/o seeing a menu reminder, so I guess that means that since these are the meals I can come up with off the top of my head, that they're my #1's!! :)

Very hungry now.... ;)

AgentC
09-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Some of my favorites are
Greece - Griddled Greek Cheese w/ Honey
Hawaii - Pork Slider
New Zealand - Seared Scallop
Ireland- FIsherman's stew and the cheese plate
Germany- Apple Strudel. Last year it was huge and so good!

This year I plan on checking out the offerings at new Terra (vegan ) and Florida booths as well as try some new ones.

I am also looking forward to the Chocolate Experience and the wine sampling.

Wolf
09-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Love the milk chocolate creme brulee from France, a pumpkin mouse with crunchy topping (not too sure whatall this is exactly called

Ooooooooh my.... Those sound insane good!!

Wolf
09-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Oh boy... :eat: ... love the pierogies in Poland, Fisherman's Stew in Ireland (as well as their molten lava chocolate dessert... :tasty:), the sushi in Japan (almost always have seconds) and the Greek cheese thingy :blush: in Greece. Can't think of the rest w/o seeing a menu reminder, so I guess that means that since these are the meals I can come up with off the top of my head, that they're my #1's!! :)

Very hungry now.... ;)

Is that the grilled cheese with pistacios?

Wolf
09-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Some of my favorites are
Greece - Griddled Greek Cheese w/ Honey
Hawaii - Pork Slider
New Zealand - Seared Scallop
Ireland- FIsherman's stew and the cheese plate
Germany- Apple Strudel. Last year it was huge and so good!

This year I plan on checking out the offerings at new Terra (vegan ) and Florida booths as well as try some new ones.

I am also looking forward to the Chocolate Experience and the wine sampling.

The vegan area for sure has my attention as well, I have never tried vegan food (that I'm aware of) also OOOhhhh Germany sounds yummy!! I CANT WAIT!!!!

Tinksalot
09-21-2012, 10:12 AM
7 days till we are the Food and Wine Festival :marg:
Can't Wait!!!! All these suggestions are making hungry :mickey:

hoop de do
09-21-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm a Mexico guy. Whatever they have is always excellent. Also, I like the different beers that are offered at almost all booths.

:beer::sombrero::cheers: