PDA

View Full Version : pizza in the world

mook3y
09-18-2012, 10:41 PM
We have a 1 night room only reservation prior to our magic your way package. So we do not have the DDP the first night. We were thinking to have pizza the first night.

I know we can order from our resort. But, is there local places that deliver?

TIA.

JerseyDad
09-18-2012, 11:39 PM
.....not sure that I've seen a question of this nature before...about "off site" pizzeria delivering to WDW?

.....however, if you are going to pay out of pocket for pizza anyway...perhaps you might consider having dinner at Downtown Disney ...and at Wolfgang Puck Express. (counter service) They make ...in my opinion ....perhaps one of the best pizzas in WDW. (with Via Napoli in Epcot most likely getting my No.# 1 nod).

mook3y
09-19-2012, 12:30 AM
.....not sure that I've seen a question of this nature before...about "off site" pizzeria delivering to WDW?

.....however, if you are going to pay out of pocket for pizza anyway...perhaps you might consider having dinner at Downtown Disney ...and at Wolfgang Puck Express. (counter service) They make ...in my opinion ....perhaps one of the best pizzas in WDW. (with Via Napoli in Epcot most likely getting my No.# 1 nod).

Yeah. We are just trying to keep it cheap the first night. After that we have 14 nights on dining plan. So a couple papa johns or pizza hut pizzas would be just fine for a first meal.

Christine
09-19-2012, 06:14 AM
I highly recommend Flippers, a local family owned franchise. It is a LITTLE higher than the papa john's / dominos type chain, but man, is it good!!! You'll probably find it to be a must-do from now on! :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
09-19-2012, 06:38 AM
There's no pizza in Florida... Shoe leather with catsup is what you get when you order it, on site or off...

If you insist, there's Giordano's that will deliver. I'm sure you can Google the phone number.

JerseyDad
09-19-2012, 08:42 AM
There's no pizza in Florida... Shoe leather with catsup is what you get when you order it, on site or off...

If you insist, there's Giordano's that will deliver. I'm sure you can Google the phone number.

.....reminds me of the Henry Hill line from the end of "Goodfellas":

..."Can't even get decent food - right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup".

....and only in an alternate gastronomic universe is Pizza Hut, Papa John's or Dominos....considered to be ...pizza. :rotfl:

Dulcee
09-19-2012, 08:48 AM

This. lol

Niecyboo
09-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Just be very cautious. They have a scam going down there that Disney sometimes warns you about. If you find a flyer on or under your door advertizing a local pizza place it is probably a scam. You call the number, they ask for a credit card and then you never receive your pizza. Just a nice large charge to your card. We actually caught somebody putting these under the door at PORS once. My husband said something to them and called security (wish he'd just called) and the person took off. Disney does not sanction flyers under the door so if you see one that isn't from Disney don't trust it.

joonyer
09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes, don't order anything from a flyer left on your car or put under a door. Look up the phone number yourself online or from a published phone book. I like to look up online travel advisor websites for restaurant reviews when I am out of town, helps you fine reputable places with good food & service. As others have said, you'll have to order from an off-site place to get anything resembling real NY or Chicago style pizza (I also recommend Flipper's) but if you are happy with Papa John's or Domino's you can get that, too. Enjoy!

Brer_Fox
09-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I have order the pizza from the room service options late at night coming back from the parks and needing a snack before heading off to bed.

I must say that was the best pizza I have eaten at Disney.

I have not been to Via Napoli yet but that might be better but since you wont have a ticket to get in wont do you any good.

Will you have a car with you that you could drive off property to pick up or eat out somewhere?

mook3y
09-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I have order the pizza from the room service options late at night coming back from the parks and needing a snack before heading off to bed.

I must say that was the best pizza I have eaten at Disney.

I have not been to Via Napoli yet but that might be better but since you wont have a ticket to get in wont do you any good.

Will you have a car with you that you could drive off property to pick up or eat out somewhere?

No car.

We are well aware of the scam flyers.

Maybe we will just try the pizza from POR. Probably the easiest. We will be up at 4 am that day. So easier will be better.

IloveJack
09-20-2012, 09:07 AM
We got pizza from the ASMovies food court on our last trip, and were actually surprised. It was fairly good. Not amazing like eating at Epcot, but good. If you're looking for ease and cheap, it's both.

azcavalier
09-20-2012, 09:24 AM

If you're not familiar with Chicago-style deep dish, I highly recommend this. Giordano's is at the intersection of Hotel Plaza Blvd. and Apopka Vineland. So, it's not far at all. I do not know if they deliver.

PETE FROM NYC
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM

As NYC Italian, I totally agreee with this statement.

Forr my money, there just ain't any edible pizza in tthe whole state!!!

beksy
09-20-2012, 01:58 PM
We had pizza delivered from POFQ on our last trip (rainy night and we didn't feel like going out). It was pretty good...similar to Pizza Hut or Dominoes.

epceddie
09-21-2012, 08:05 PM
We never get pizza when we visit WDW. Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut have incredible pizza places. Florida does not. My pizza-loving nephew even draws the line when it comes to Florida pizza. If you really want some pizza, try Italy in Epcot. Stay away from those flyers at all cost. It's a shameless scam and the people who do it should be caned in public.

mook3y
09-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Yes... I know good pizza. have had it all around the country at many good places.

Was hoping there was a place local that delivered as good as Sal's red devil in La Verne CA. ya know - a local joint most people don't know about.

So the point is we are "going" to eat incredibly unedible pizza on our first night.

Was just trying to find out who delivered. Frankly, papa johns will work for 1 night.

But we take our condolences in the fact that, for the next 15 days, we will eat at many of the great TS in the world. But the first night were not wasting a ticket to go into a park to get food.

:confused: at the tude

ElenitaB
09-21-2012, 11:13 PM
I would take the recommendations for Flippers and for Giordano's. I wouldn't, however, get POR pizza. We did one year and was not too happy with it.

FYI, Flippers does deliver; their number is (407) 938-9633. Giordano's does as well and their number is (407) 239-8900. Hope that helps.

Christine
09-21-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm not kidding; flippers is delish!!!!

mook3y
09-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the Flippers recommendation! :thumbsup: Sounds like a plan to us!

joonyer
09-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Believe it or not, there are lots of people from New York who live in Florida. And some of them own pizza restaurants, and some of them even use real brick ovens. So yes, you can find "real" New York style pizza in Florida. You just have to look for it, it's not on every corner. (I have never found any in WDW).

SandmanGStefani24
09-23-2012, 01:24 PM

although I find this extremely funny :D

Me and the Mrs thought the POP pizza was decent. Not too much priceier than normal delivery. And on a segway too? :thumbsup:

Tink#64
09-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Wow, I'm laughing at myself on this one, because apparently most peeps are far pickier about their pizza than we are! :blush: Some serious buisness I can tell! :pizza:We have had some delish coal oven pizza at Lombardi's in NYC, the grandaddy of all pizzeria's in the US! We've enjoyed some yummy unique pizza at California Pizza in Myrtle Beach, SC. We've had some especially tasty local pizza's, our fav's being Clifton's salad pizza with a ranch dressing base & we love Spinelli's humongous Secillian pizza locally, but we are not beyond Papa John's, Pizza Hut or any other chain type pizza's! :jaw: Totally not pizza snobs, although yes, we obviously enjoy some more than others! So I have no problem casting a vote for the WDW resort pizza, Pop Century's was just fine to us! Just can't beat the price & the convenience, especially after a long tiring day! :thumbsup:

figgie
09-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Another vote for Flippers!:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
09-24-2012, 12:16 PM
We loved the Via Napoli pizza. It compared well to the Bertucci's and Boston North End pizza that is at the top of the pizza food chain in the Northeast.

mdhiggin
09-24-2012, 12:44 PM
We have had Papa Johns delivered to our resort many times. I believe they stop at 2 am. Just check with the front desk for the phone number. Believe me they know it. Different Papa Johns deliver to different resorts or I would probably remember it. I have had Flippers delivered, and theirs was good with a lot of variety on the menu, but we like Papa Johns too.