PDA

View Full Version : Revolution

TinkerbellT421
09-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Did anyone see the pilot/season premiere of the new show Revolution? Aired last night (Monday, 9/17).

For those that didn't know about it I will try to post a brief description without spoilers.

It basically starts as one day the entire world loses all power/technology all over the world and everyone has to go back to the days before electricity/technology. There seems to be a lot of plot points as well but without going into too much detail that's the shows premise.

Did anyone watch?
Did you not know about it and now want to watch? (you can see the pilot episode through the interwebs ;) )
Are you hopeful that this show will be any good?
Anyone else get a "Lost" type vibe?

SBETigg
09-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I watched. I was really disappointed, found it extremely slow-paced, dragged out, with too-familiar plot elements and not very sympathetic characters. I would give it a second chance, but so far... not good for me.

DizneyFreak2002
09-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I watched it and thought it was just OK... I was looking forward to it but it just didn't grip my attention like I hoped it would... I'll give it another chance next week, hopefully they give us a reason to keep tuning in...

TinkerbellT421
09-18-2012, 08:58 PM
I watched it and thought it was just OK... I was looking forward to it but it just didn't grip my attention like I hoped it would... I'll give it another chance next week, hopefully they give us a reason to keep tuning in...

Yea, I agree with you both! Definitely a little slow reaching. I might stick with another episode or two and see how they do. I will give it leeway seeing it wasa whole new concept and the pilot test episode. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a "The River" catastrophe. Which did you see disneyfreek they ended up canceling the renewal this year? It's not coming back! Which I'm not sad about lol

Strmchsr
09-18-2012, 09:05 PM
:ditto: I was really excited about the premise but ended up mostly "meh" after last night. I love the idea, but there was almost 0 character development and, for a post-apocalyptic type world the characters (especially Charlie) were WAY too "pretty." They need to check out the Walking Dead for how to do a new world. That's a minor gripe, though. My big problem is they just hopped set-piece to set-piece with a cardboard villain and no reason for me to care about any of the characters. I'll give it one more week to see if it does any better.

DizneyFreak2002
09-18-2012, 09:51 PM
I should have added, I felt the same way with The River... The lost footage show that was ABC last year... The previews made it sound and look good... Watched the first episode, gave it a second chance, and never watched it again... I'm hoping Revolution doesn't go down the same road...

Pirate Granny
09-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one disappointed..:(

PirateLover
09-19-2012, 09:33 AM
I was thinking the same thing about Charlie! No way she is getting that hair without the help of some styling tools, lol. And not a speck of dirt on her face. I wasn't paying super close attention because I was reading a book while my husband watched. It wasn't gripping enough to really pull me in but I did keep asking DH questions. I'll give it another shot.

PopPhan
09-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I am cautiously optimistic about this show. The pilot gives us a number of questions to keep in mind for upcoming episodes:

What actually happened?
Who / what was behind it?
How many 'amulets' are there? And where?
What are their actual purpose (beside what was shown at the end of the episode)?

A few continuity errors, but for 'poetic license,' I am willing to suspend some semblance of reality. (LOST was horrific for these!)

The complaints about the people of the little 'hamlet' being so nice and clean, with good clothing...Yeah, that's a little out there, specially after the small group travels to 'the big city!'

I'll give it a couple more episodes to finish fleshing out the characters and to answer a couple of the more basic questions. If it starts to go "LOST" on us, I'm done.

DizneyFreak2002
09-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Well, we have had a couple of days to soak in week 2 of Revolution... Has anyone's opinion changed?

SBETigg
09-26-2012, 11:53 AM
No, I'm still meh about it. But I'm still watching. I'm hoping for better, and there's nothing I watch at that time now anyway depending on football schedules. I noticed that same sound effect from Lost, which didn't make me feel any better about it. I think "Oh, I see where this is headed," which means they're probably going to take it somewhere else entirely and I'll be left wondering.

TinkerbellT421
09-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Well, we have had a couple of days to soak in week 2 of Revolution... Has anyone's opinion changed?

Meh, not really. Still feel a little on the fence about it. Might give it one....more....week....then I may have to move on to bigger better shows lol

DizneyFreak2002
09-26-2012, 02:50 PM
No, I'm still meh about it. But I'm still watching. I'm hoping for better, and there's nothing I watch at that time now anyway depending on football schedules. I noticed that same sound effect from Lost, which didn't make me feel any better about it. I think "Oh, I see where this is headed," which means they're probably going to take it somewhere else entirely and I'll be left wondering.

Meh, not really. Still feel a little on the fence about it. Might give it one....more....week....then I may have to move on to bigger better shows lol

Glad I am not the only one... Still a meh... Couldn't really hold my attention... If week three does not grip me, at least I'll make up for no Monday night TV on Sundays with the return of Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and the premiere of 666 Park Ave. (here's to hoping this show is good!!!)...

TinkerbellT421
09-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Glad I am not the only one... Still a meh... Couldn't really hold my attention... If week three does not grip me, at least I'll make up for no Monday night TV on Sundays with the return of Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and the premiere of 666 Park Ave. (here's to hoping this show is good!!!)...

Agreed. I have SUPER HIGH hopes for 666 Park Ave....

DizneyFreak2002
10-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Tonight is Revolution's last chance to grab my attention... If this show fails to grab my attention this week, I'm out...

TinkerbellT421
10-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Tonight is Revolution's last chance to grab my attention... If this show fails to grab my attention this week, I'm out...

Agreed. I've tried. I've tried twice. I even watched them a second time to see if I was just distracted the first time.....nada, nothing changed, zero, zilch, still not grabbing me. This last episode I kept zoning off into a different world lol. All of a sudden I'd be like, huh? what? what just happened? And had to rewind....this week is the last time. If it doesn't improve I'm out.

DizneyFreak2002
10-02-2012, 07:21 PM
So NBC ordered a full season for Revolution...

“We’re impressed with the imagination and creative direction of the entire team on Revolution, not to mention the immediately strong response we got from the audience,” said NBC entertainment president Jennifer Salke in a statement.

Ok, so what am I missing exactly??? I've read the same opinions all over the place that we all share here.. So who the heck is actually watching this show and liking it no less?

TinkerbellT421
10-02-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't know what your missing, cause apparently I'm missing the same thing?! :confused: I just don't know, I just am speechless, I can't get my head into it. I end up dazing off somewhere and then come back and go, wait what did I just miss. It's like reading, if I am reading a paragraph and don't remember what I just read, then it's just not for me....