The Cast:
DM: Darth Macho (41yo)
DW: Darth Wife (41yo)
DD1: Darth Daughter 1 (11yo)
DD2: Darth Daughter 2 (8yo)

The Stage:
Downtown Disney

The Report:
This was a scheduled “off” day, meaning there was no wake-up time. We’d spend the day mostly at the resort, visit Downtown Disney, while also getting some swimming and laundry done, all while getting some rest. Personally, I’m restless on these days, because when I’m in WDW, unless it’s a travel day, then I want to be in a park. Nevertheless, I was pretty relaxed, and I was actually grateful that Isaac had skirted our area on this day and not another. Sadly, our good luck meant bad news for people living on the Gulf Coast, and I still feel a little guilty for hoping the storm would steer away. Obviously nature was going to take it’s own course, so there was nothing I did to change anything anyway, but I do feel sorrow for the people so greatly affected by this storm.

Meanwhile, having done the laundry the night before, I had no incentive to get up early, but I just couldn’t stay in bed, so I got dressed, grabbed my refillable mug, and put the “do not disturb” sign on the door, as I went out for a walk. I filled my mug with that poor excuse for coffee, and walked over to check out the Lion King section of Art of Animation, which I hadn’t a chance to do yet. I also peeked over the fences and saw that the construction on the Little Mermaid section was coming along nicely too. After a good walk around both Art and Pop, I got back to the room with some breakfast, and we leisurely got ready to head over to Downtown Disney.

The weather was windy and rainy, so we busted out the ponchos for the first time. It had rained plenty before, but this was the first time we’d be forced to venture into it for any considerable amount of time. Once we got to our destination, we made a beeline for the pin store, where we spent some time poking around before our lunchtime ADR at T-Rex. We spent a considerable amount of money on some pins as well, but they were too cute to resist!

Our last trip, we had peeked our heads into T-Rex and I knew immediately that we had to book it for this trip. Nevertheless, even having seen it, having been to our local Rainforest Café lots of times, I was still in awe over the amazing theming of T-Rex. It was amazing, and the food was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I’ll write a review, but it was an amazing experience, and we had a fabulous seat in the Ice Cave, which was awesome!

After lunch we made stops in the Lego Store, World of Disney, and a few other stores, but we were soon tired of shopping. It was getting really crowded there too, and I suspected that a LOT of people altered their plans to come here due to the weather. It actually stopped raining fairly early, and by the time we left on the bus and headed back to Pop, it was nice enough to let the kids go to the pool before we had dinner at Landscapes of Flavor over at Art. It was a relatively leisurely day, but we all decided to get to bed early. We had one visit to each park left, and I really wanted to savor each one.

January-2007
09-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Dopey's Girl
09-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Another fun day with the Macho family. Shopping at DTD always wears me out, I don't know why!

SBETigg
09-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Cool that it stopped raining, and very cool that T Rex didn't disappoint.

faline
09-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Those relaxed days can be just as fun as the park days! T-Rex sounds like it was fun!!

DisneyorBust
09-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Downtime can be crucial on a WDW vacation. with that being said, I'm like like you, I get a bit antsy and want to return to a park. I can rest at home! Not really, but that's what I tell myself......:D

amorillo
09-19-2012, 09:46 PM
The DTD shopping day. We usually try to plan one of those... and who can resist a few pins?!? lol. sounds like you made the best of your down day.... i'm off to read more!

yjgirl32
09-20-2012, 10:52 AM
I love having days off- helps a lot. Great reports.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 01:53 PM
thanks for the report T-Rex sounds interesting

princessgirls
09-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Your down Disney down sounds lovely!!!

I think we may do our Downtown day on arrival day. In order to get the cheapest flights, we had to leave later than I wanted...HOWEVER I'm going to Disney!!!!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Love the downtime day!

I am like you though. If I'm at WDW,I really can't stay away from the parks. But, at the same time, not being tied to any major plans is also something to be desired.