PDA

View Full Version : 10 years in the planning day 6 Well I knew this would work!

K8screen
09-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Cast :
Me and DBF, 2 very happy seniors.

In my plans I had hesitated between MK and Epcot for the first day. I knew DBF would love Epcot, but that MK was a gamble. Fortunately, it paid off wonderfully.
Now before I start this episode, I need to promise you that we had another marvellous day. Being together in WDW and both enjoying it, how could we not? But there were a few things I noticed, that, if I hadnt been looking through the eyes of a newbie, I would have found a little disappointing.
We started at Spaceship Earth. I know the guidebooks say leave it till later in the day, but we were early (again!) and it always seems to me the right place to start. DBF loved it, but to me there seemed to be several things missing or not so good since the refit, and not much extra or better. The start didnt seem so impressive somehow, the descent was a bit annoying, and one of my favourite little things, you know the silly little things that stick in your head, the chariot that races round in the Roman scene, didnt.
We went on to Universe of Energy, and then after DBF's success on the Shuttle experience at Kennedy, we tried the orange line at MS. The notices, which seem to suggest that unless you are as fit as a REAL astronaut you are going to DIE!!!, frightened DBF a little, but the actual ride was fine. I do suffer from motion sickness, but MS didnt bother me that way this time or when I rode it years ago.
It was horrible to see WoL closed up and falling to bits, but we refreshhed ourselves at Ice Station Cool, rode Nemo, and watched people diving with the fishes.
We then headed to San Angel Inn were I had a lunch ressie. Margueritas at lunchtime possibly not a good idea, but hey we are on holiday!! (sorry vacation!!)
We visited Norway and China, then went back to ride living with the land and use our FPs for soaring. DBF loved it!! So did I of course, and it helped that it was one of the times when people applauded at the end. DBF couldnt stop talking about it.
We were planning to come back to Epcot another day, so we headed back to the American Adventure, which I love, though it makes me sad that political correctness in the UK means no one would be allowed to make a ride so patriotic about our country, in case it offended people. You Americans are so lucky (and sensible) about that.
We then staked out our spot for Illuminations, which was delayed because of possible lightning. We got talking to a lovely young couple, from Texas I think. The husband was in the military, about to be posted to the Middle East. He said his wife was very confident about the whole thing, and didnt get worried or upset at all. My husband was in the RAF, so I whispered to her "thats what we tell THEM" "oh YES!" she whispered back and I thought she was going to cry so we secretly held hands for a minute.
We watched Illuminations with them (Is it shorter now? Is there not quite so much HAPPENING?) and then we slowly headed back to the hotel.

T-Belle
09-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Sounds like another wonderful day. The hand holding with the Texas lady actually made me tear up a bit. So sweet!

EpcotChic23
09-18-2012, 12:25 PM
In June we watched ROE and it seemed like parts were cut out. Later in the week we did backstage tour of future world. I asked the CM did they cut parts out of ROE. He asked me how the weather was that night. I said rainy and windy. He said they have the ablity to adjust the show depending on weather up to 5 min of start time. That might have happend to you if you feel parts were missing, they prob. were.

dobby2010
09-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Have been loving your posts, helps pass the long wait til our next Disney trip!

January-2007
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
That's a sweet moment you had with the wife from Texas. Thanks for the trip report. I also really enjoy the American Adventure.

faline
09-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Another lovely day! Despite the little things that you noticed, it still sounds very enjoyable!!

DisneyorBust
09-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Looks like your DBF is haveing a great holiday! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Dsnygirl
09-24-2012, 10:12 PM
What another lovely day... and your moment with the RAF wife from Texas was very special. :) Interesting to hear your comment on the UK and why there isn't a movie... I've always wondered, as I would LOVE one (very big fan of all things British) and have wished one would be done. Glad you guys were able to do and enjoy so much... looking forward to reading more!

Aurora
09-24-2012, 10:40 PM
So glad your BF had a wonderful time -- makes it all worthwhile. Sorry about your disappointments, you know if you read through these boards that it's something we all wish were different. What a nice moment you had with the lady from Texas. I'm sure she told others about you when she got home.

Although there is no movie at the UK pavilion, I did enjoy watching the British enjoying being patriotic at the London Olympics and the Queen's Jubilee celebrations. Watching all those smiling Brits waving to the Queen, I thought, how refreshingly different from our election campaign season.

Wolf
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
I absolutely love your trip reports and how you knew how the Texas lady was feeling, I know that had to mean alot to her to find kinship like that.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Love your reports

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: