PDA

View Full Version : End of May/1st week of June?

javamama
09-18-2012, 12:25 AM
We always go the first week of May, or right around there it's a great time of year. Now I have a 3rd grader, and 1st grader so with the big ciriculum changes in our district I don't want to take them out anymore. We'd be leaving 28th or so for 5/6 days. I need some insite on this time of year.....weather, crowds. Thanks

MinnieMommie
09-18-2012, 06:00 AM
I have visited the first week in June a couple of times. The weather was hot but not too rainy with the exception of afternoon rain and a real hail storm one afternoon. It was hot though. It was not real crowded either. Although this is not the time of year we normally visit I enjoyed these stays. We were able to get in early park time and also got in great pool time. The year after our last June trip there was a lot of rain but we were lucky the times we visited early June. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
09-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Weather was nice when we were there, downside is Memorial Day weekend it's crowded and they raise the buffet prices that weekend until fourth of July....can't remember if they also raise the dining plan costs....

faline
09-18-2012, 07:48 AM
My last couple of trips around this time of year were quite different. Two years in a row, we took a long weekend trip at the beginning of June. As expected, the weather was quite hot and humid - not as much rain as you see later in the summer, though.

The first time we went, crowds were much better than we were expecting. We were so pleased, we planned a trip at the same time next year. What a difference! Crowds were a lot heavier the second time around. I would guess that the crowds you see might vary from year to year but I'd plan on seeing at least moderate crowds.

This is also the time of the year that the Gay Days gatherings occur so you might want to check the event schedule to see which parks are scheduled on which day. I would then expect those parks to have elevated crowds based on the number of additional folks who come to this gathering going to the scheduled park of the day.