PDA

View Full Version : Gas Station

faline
09-17-2012, 07:58 PM
The last time we rented a car, we didn't want to fill up until we got close to the airport - but not so close - that the gas prices were outrageous. Unfortunately, we selected an exit where the first gas station was further away from the exit than we had hoped. So between the traffic and the distance to the gas station, it was a bit of a frustrating experience. I want to be better prepared for our next trip.

On our way back to Orlando airport, where would those in the know recommend we stop to fill up - preferably at a location that offers easy off, easy on to the highway!

Thanks everyone!!

Altair
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
The needle just needs to point at full. Most cars will go 50 miles before the gauge even moves once you fill it. You can fill up in Kissimmee and still have no problem. Don't let them pre-charge you for gas.:mickey:

Itchy
09-17-2012, 09:02 PM
I totally agree with Altair. If you fill up at one of the Hess stations at WDW you should not have an issue when you get to the airport.

The last time I rented a car at MCO that is what I did and there were no issues.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

magicofdisney
09-17-2012, 09:18 PM
On Semoran Blvd at the intersection of Butler National Drive, is a gas station (Suncoastal Energys?) and they gouge with their prices. They're at a prime location for refills before turning in your rental car. In fact, they don't even have the prices out front. You won't know the price until you get to the pump. This happened to me. I rode up to the pump and nearly swiped my card before I saw the price. I simply loaded up and drove a couple of blocks north for a station selling gas at regular prices.

All that being said, if you can fill up at the Hess on property, that's the best bet. They're prices always seem to be average.

Dopey's Girl
09-17-2012, 09:59 PM
I fill up at the Hess by Boardwalk...always got to MCO with a full tank, never been charged for anything less! Plus you don't have to worry about getting lost or having to pay extra tolls.

KathyMO
09-18-2012, 12:50 PM
We always fill up at the HESS station across from Downtown Disney. Rental car has always still shown full by the time we get to the airport and have never been charged any extra for gas.

eam
09-18-2012, 02:38 PM
We always go to the Hess station just outside of Disney, on the exit from Epcot - just before you get on the toll road for the airport, or turn left for I Drive. Sorry I can't remember the name of the road, but the big Marriott, and Caribe Royale are on the left side. Hope this helps.
PS Always enjoy your trip reports!!

laprana
09-19-2012, 05:29 PM
We've always filled up at the Hess station near MK, right next to the Alamo rental place, and the gas gauge has always shown Full when we get to the airport. Haven't had any problems yet! :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
The last couple of times we rented we had to show our gas receipt. Just be cautious. I think there is an exit called Landstar or Landsdown. We usually stop there. I know it when we are there. Im just not positive of the name.

faline
09-25-2012, 07:53 AM
The last couple of times we rented we had to show our gas receipt. Just be cautious. I think there is an exit called Landstar or Landsdown. We usually stop there. I know it when we are there. Im just not positive of the name.

That has happened to us as well. The first time, my husband paid at the pump and did not request a receipt. We had a bit of a hassle at the airport and had to go talk to someone at the desk inside the airport. The next time, I remember we specially made sure we had a receipt and we were never asked for it - nor have we been asked for one ever since.